Missouri GOP Governor Hid Data Showing Masks Mandates Work

Although I’ve seen quite a few well-babied Rancheros.

1 Like

Iowa’s governor weakly encourages vaccination, but is anti-mask, despite Iowa being Covid worst in country. Apparently, she cooks the books regarding Covid-19 infections, too. It would be a shame (/s) if governor Reynolds used some of the federal money received by Iowa to assist hospitals in infection tracking, rather than to enrich her ‘inner circle’ such as Dr. Pedati.

2 Likes

Shorter: Gov. Kim Reynolds continues to find new and creative ways to mislead Iowans about Covid in their communities. Iowa to maintain rep as death trap.

2 Likes

This was the one with the budget shortfall that was plugged with misappropriated funds, right?

Yes it’s very volatile. All the cryptos are.

2 Likes

Crypto, for when it’s more important to feel wealthy than to be wealthy (to paraphrase Ricardo Montalbán).

2 Likes

@LeeHarveyGriswold Yes, the story of the misappropriated funds broke in September by Laura Belin of Bleedingheartland.com. Reynolds won’t include her in press briefings, because Bleeding Heartland is not a real press organization. I disagree. Bleedingheartland.com may be the only real press organization in Iowa.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/iowa-governor-improperly-used-450000-covid-funds-salaries-audit-finds-rcna5753

3 Likes

Sounds like journalism to me. And if they let OAN into briefings, anyone should be let in.

2 Likes

As I walked up to my CVS to get my prescriptions I came face to face with an anti-vaxer. He claimed …loudly…that CVS was spreading covid with their shots. And he was sure I should not get my meds… I said nothing and walked past him and he sauntered away yelling…loudly.
Wonderful.
I guess that makes up for the cool dream I had last night of trump falling out of a very tall pine tree and whacking the ground full force and the fall flattened him in his business suit…

2 Likes

Not enough gorillas  ; - )

It’s 3.14 period!

Orwell saw this coming in 1946. There’s his "Politics and the English Language, the most printed essay in English…
Also, “1984,” a social science fiction novel of a totalitarian society and surveillance and regimentation of the citizens. We used to read these in high school. Wonder if they still do.

2 Likes

Brownshirts. Every, I mean every, aspiring dictator employs them.
We’re talking about thugs in uniforms that suppress or intimidate political opposition.
This very, very scary. Be very afraid when even one governor employs them.

2 Likes

Democracy vs. criminality was having a moment then, though, to be fair.

Best quote I have heard in two years of this pandemic…

Richard Galant said …

“Those who tell the lies are at least partly responsible for everyone’s continuing plight.".

4 Likes

5 Likes

And Biden’s response? Time to start pointing the blame where it belongs. “Punch me again, please” will not work. These fuckers are holding the rest of us hostage.

2 Likes

Agree. My response was to get the booster Friday. Eff a bunch of obstructionists.

3 Likes

Do you remember the howling response about intimidation when the Black Panthers showed up at some voting sites to ensure the rights of the people to vote?
The GQP just never gets the hypocrisy in their actions.

2 Likes

Same Republican idiots. Same Republican idiot games:

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available