Milley Rattles Gaetz While Blasting GOP’s ‘Critical Race Theory’ Bogeyman Du Jour | Talking Points Memo

Gen. Mark Milley, the chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, defended teaching so-called “Critical Race Theory” to members of the military during a congressional hearing before the House Armed Services Committee on Wednesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1378748

I saw the video clip posted by WaPo. I could see Milley thinking about punching Gaetz right in his marshmallow center. Glorious.

62 Likes

Gaetz doesn’t want CRT taught in schools because he doesn’t understand it enough to help his dates with their homework.

57 Likes

General Milley could “rattle” that little shit, excuse me I mean congressman, Gaetz clear across the room with one hand and not wrinkle his uniform.

29 Likes

With apologies for the longwinded eloquence, this is downright fucking awesome.

40 Likes

“What is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building and try to overturn the Constitution of the United States of America? What caused that?” Milley asked.

The GOP.

82 Likes

Word

10 Likes

This guy dressed them down in short order and made the entire disgruntled conspiricy of CRT scaremongers look like fools.

34 Likes

Milley (nicely) defended intellectual inquiry with the goal of understanding the world he lives in.
As a party bent on obscuring it’s goals, the GQP has no use for that.

47 Likes

yeah, shake your head Gaetz, if Milley had stood up, you would have injured several other congress folks in your one man stampede for the closest exit.

28 Likes

O/T, but Chinese elephants are apparently much more adaptable to change than GOP elephants:

Fave quote:

They’ve also been spotted hoovering up crops in their wake and moseying into people’s houses - on one occasion, lining up in a courtyard to drink water, successfully turning on a tap with their trunks.

27 Likes

SEE??? SeE?? ThE CoMMieS hAve infiLtrATed tHe PeNtAGon!

13 Likes

It’s just like Tail Gunner Joe warned us oh so many decades ago!

10 Likes

General Milley speaking out about the value of being well read - thank you, sir! (“prompting Gaetz to visibly shake his [ginormous] head.”)

15 Likes

This, frankly, has me floored. The military standing up and indicating that enough is enough, play time is over and STFU you shitstain morons is perhaps one of the only things that will help break them of some of their games at this point…and if not get them to back off then at least break the game itself, regardless of whether they try to keep playing it. Powerful stuff hearing it come from Milley.

I mean…

“The United States military academy is a university…And it is important that we train and understand … white rage. And I’m white, and I want to understand it.”

When in your wildest dreams did you ever think you’d hear something like that from a big, barrel-chested, toughguy-looking, elder white General in this country?

74 Likes

Very nice description of the tack he took. I think I’m gonna try that myself in conversation with certain folks in my life who are misguided but not unthinking.

12 Likes

Milley clearly knows more about world history, philosophies/ideologies, and American history than Gaetz. He is a well educated man and far more well read than Gaetz, who sat there shaking his head. I loved this clip so much that I listened to it twice.

18 Likes

Damn that was sweet!

I can’t wait for his appearance before the Select Committee Nancy is soon to form.

11 Likes

He’s still torqued off about how they snookered him into walking with Trump through Lafayette Park for the photo op.

29 Likes

OT

Why is Matt Gaetz still on the House Judiciary Committee?

38 Likes