Milley Defends Efforts To Keep Trump From Potentially Nuking China

uh oh - developing innovative ways

that means firings and more AI generated copy

2 Likes

Gen. Milley has nothing to apologize for. He did his job. Although he was not in the Chain of Command, he was certainly within his rights to inform said Chain of their obligations under the Constitution to NOT follow unlawful orders, and an unprovoked first nuclear strike against China would have certainly been unlawful under the War Powers Act.

We were not at war with China, Congress was not consulted and if it had, it would not have approved. It is not current US Policy to execute first strikes with nuclear weapons. That is why we have invested trillions in a survivable triad.

Trump, on top of all his faults and delusions, was an illegitimate POTUS who was installed in office by Putin. Them’s the facts that nobody wants to admit to. Putin laughs at the idiot office holders serving us in WDC everyday. The People are not nearly as stupid as the politicians who are supposed to serve us, but they are lied to 24/7 by the GOP.

Does he sing and dance too?

Can we then take action against Tom Cotton and his pals for their outreach to Iran during nuclear weapons negotiations?

1 Like

Give him a medal .

First off, you’ll notice I said nothing about any ‘apology’. The clarifications from everyone involved who isn’t Bob Woodward make it clear that Milley did nothing unlawful. But even without those, and even if we assume Milley had broken the law, no, he should not apologize. Accepting consequences is not an apology.

Second, explicitly because of the time-frame needed in the case of a enemy missiles already on the way, a nuclear strike isn’t actually subject to Congressional approval right now. It’s a thing that was explicitly left up to POTUS. That’s why Senator Markey tried to introduce legislation to correct exactly that in 2017, and why he’s reintroduced that legislation this year.

If I was Milley and Trump said it mid-tantrum out of raging anger and butthurt in what was arguably even just an unserious way…“I should fucking nuke Wuhan for what they’ve done to me argle bargle!!!”…I would have moved to defang the bastard completely and, frankly, the MSM would’ve been printing it the next morning and the rest of the fucking country and the world could all go fuck themselves if they didn’t thank me for it.

2 Likes

Sad I know this but professor Falken said
“Joshua what are you doing”?

1 Like

Agreed. Many in the media have to deal with a breaking story right out of the box. It is tough. They often later wish that they had not gone there. I was actually referring to “people in general.” The eager, outraged response that is way out over the tips of the skis, before the facts are fully divulged or placed in context. I’ve done the same. In my old age I am attempting to be a bit wiser and a whole lot more patient. (Note: Sometimes it is real fucking hard)

1 Like

Agreed. Milley was seeing Trump deteriorate rapidly on a near daily basis. The supposed guardrails were down to minor speed bumps. What’s a mother to do? Milley did the right thing. Pence and the cabinet did not. The fucker was clearly 25th amendment material. We need better guardrails.

1 Like

He prevented China making a pre-emptive strike against us due to TFG’s lunacy.

1 Like

OK I got the gist of the comment, it’s not like I’ve watched it in the last 5 years or so. And here is my most favorite gist of a quote from “War Games”
“Don’t you think I tried that?”

1 Like

Search no more. Try “Laura’s musings from Bergen-Belsen” and “The search for Tucker’s junk.” Warning: Tucker may say testicles quite a lot, with that maniacal cackle of his. May your outrage plate be full.

Aren’t you ignoring the snafu that there WAS no Senate-confirmed Secretary of Defense? The last such one was fired after Trump lost the election.

Lots of dust being kicked up about Milley. I find the memo to pull all the troops from Afghanistan on Jan. 14 more interesting. All this sky is falling shit over Biden’s pullout, but none of the usual suspects are talking about what that would’ve looked like.

Well, you can say that, but I think it’s LONG past time that someone did something about fluoridation. Did you know they’re even putting it in ice cream? In ice cream! Children’s ice cream!

1 Like

Betsy Wetsy?

1 Like

Yeah it was a fun movie to watch growing up.

1 Like

I just love that line in regards to me not being very tech savvy, but I do know the basics. Plus I know when I’m in over my head.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available