Michigan Police Brace For Potential State Capitol Riots | Talking Points Memo

Police in Michigan will be working with the state’s National Guard and the FBI to bolster security and beef up its show of force around the state’s capitol over the weekend, amid threats of potential violence at the capitol building on Sunday, according to a department statement. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1354883

I live in hope that our police forces now understand that Trump and his supporters are not your friends, you are his lackeys.
No disrespect meant because I do support our police but they must understand unless you agree with him,100%, you will be thrown under your squad car.

16 Likes

Remember that question from 2015?

“What have you got to lose?”

14 Likes

Got to hand it to these MI clowns. Being foaming-at-the-mouth angry and stupid 24/7 is just plain exhausting. Yet they have the persistence of termites.

14 Likes

Are they gonna have enough wingnuts to go around? Fifty sufficiently frothing armed mobs is a lot to put together, unless you have the Insurrection Family Plan.

5 Likes

They reach into their pocket, find something hard, pull it out, and it’s black.

Just checked, we’re beefing up security in Philly and Harrisburg but nothing panicky I can see. They should probably make up a bill listing every damn extra expense and send it to Trump, payable within 30 days or legal action will ensue. God-damned worthless piece of trash.

22 Likes

Straight to Genos. Jaysus.

1 Like

So, so many people who just got flustered trying to learn HTML at their own pace and were left behind.

5 Likes

Learn to Choad!

I suppose they will have to let the GI Joe wannabees dress up in body armor and carry assault rifles, and pistols, and knives, and unscreened back packs. It would make Michigan GOP legislators sad if they couldn’t. I sincerely hope it all goes peacefully, because the potential for many deaths could come to be once the shooting starts.

2 Likes

OT: Related

“ ProPublica has uncovered new footage — amid a trove of content archived from the now-shuttered social platform Parler — that reveals the raw moments before Officer Eugene Goodman’s actions.”

11 Likes

“We remain hopeful that those who choose to demonstrate do so peacefully, without violence or destruction of property,” Gasper said.

My question to Michigan State Police Chief Joe Gasper is, what are the police going to do if they do not remain peaceful?

12 Likes

According to WHTM 27 TV Harrisburg is preparing but sometimes I must question our State Police.

2 Likes

It’s all Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s fault. Imagine, prominently displaying a ‘D’ after her name! That’s just asking for trouble! :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Change hats?

2 Likes

And they’re going to have loaded guns because it’s “legal”. People are going to get shot.

1 Like

Not worried for safety of rioters
for some reason cops will treat them with kid gloves
hmmm…

1 Like

Don’t be so sure. The sound of bullets buzzing over your head will be a motivator to shoot to kill in return.

2 Likes

Terrifying.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available