Michael Flynn Seeks To Withdraw His Guilty Plea One Week Before Sentencing | Talking Points Memo

Days before he is scheduled to be sentenced, National Security Advisor Michael Flynn is seeking to withdrew his guilty plea.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1284548
1 Like

Can’t trust anybody these days, eh?

9 Likes

The reason for Flynn to change his Guilty plea is to make it a Guilty AF plea.

36 Likes

This ought to be good. I have a feeling the judge is going to take a pretty dim view of this tactic.

34 Likes

Because, of course he is.

6 Likes

He’d like to change his plea to “Не виновен.”

11 Likes

Dumbfuckery of the highest order.

11 Likes

Do IT!!! What a f***ing idiot! They will come after him and his stupid son. This will be Funny

19 Likes

Probably just what Turmp wants, too. A high-profile trial taking months reminding everyone of how mobbed up and disloyal his whole entire executive branch is.

ETA: And BTW, kudos to @tierney . It looks like this still isn’t even up at WaPo.

20 Likes

Can you believe this RepubliCON thug flip flopping like a snowflake from guilty to not guilty? Didn’t he betray his country eleven minutes after the Aspiring-War-Criminal IMPotus was inaugurated?

Flynn have lived a “blameless life” like Manafort, hence to jail he should go!

8 Likes

Probably a delay ploy. If you assume a November pardon, every month of delay before sentencing is a month he doesn’t serve.

Judge: no backsies, traitor.

28 Likes

Audience of one, meant to give Trump the ability to say that the judge wouldn’t even let Flynn take the case to trial. Judge Sullivan should call that bluff, but probably won’t.

7 Likes

The gov’t should agree and then arrest him right there in court and charge him with all the stuff they didn’t charge him with before. As I recall, it was quite a laundry list and they had him dead to rights. Some of those things have high value penalties. He should remain in custody so his Turkish/Ukrainian/Russian employers can’t spirit him out in the night.

48 Likes

So, when is this guy telling the truth?

Only when he’s lying?

2 Likes

4 Likes

But if the judge were to grant his request, wouldn’t that give the prosecution a chance to make public in court a whole lot of stuff that Donnie wants kept under wraps?

14 Likes

Karma would be having the judge delay verdict and sentencing until after Trump is out of office.

6 Likes

Well, look on the bright side, Mr, Flynn: you have a great malpractice case against your lawyers right about now!

6 Likes

Wouldn’t make much difference. A November pardon can happen regardless of whether Flynn has been sentenced or not. Being sentenced does open up the commutation option, but either way he skates.

8 Likes

I would like to withdraw my guilty plea from 2006 involving that goat, university president’s husband and 200 gallons of mollasses. You all cool with that?

10 Likes