McSally Professes Shock At ‘Pear-Clutching’ After Reporter Attack

That’s Cloris? She’s lovely. In The Last Picture Show they made her up almost as ugly and she was a good looking woman at that time. I love her sense of humor because it’s irreverent.

3 Likes

You know, if all your coverage says you’re an a$$hole, maybe you are.

2 Likes

Nope

During an MTM special on PBS I learned that she had been a model when young. God she was funny. Phyllis was the most annoying woman on the planet.

3 Likes

There was an episode that was particularly funny to me. Phyllis is talking to Mary (and maybe Rhoda) and she’s telling them that Lars has been unfaithful to her. She goes into a monologue about a queen bee, and how after she mates with a male bee, she then kills him. The punchline was along the lines of “All in all, not a bad system.”

3 Likes

It takes bravery to play somebody that unlikable. And her skirts - ugh, those big quilted cotton things on a drawstring waist

1 Like

That was my first thought!

I’d be unscrewing the top of my water bottle!

4 Likes

Did you read that book? I ask because I find so few people who have. The chapter on Sam Houston was delightful, for the most part. I also loved the chapter on Thomas Hart Benton, one of the two first Senators from MO. “Let the assassin fire!” I gave my copy (that I got for Christmas in ‘64, I think) to a young woman I know. I think I need to find another copy on eBay or somewhere. I know that it shaped my view of politics when I was just a child. Then along came Bob!

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don’t stand in the doorway
Don’t block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There’s a battle outside and it is ragin’
It’ll soon shake your windows and rattle your walls
For the times they are a’changing

1 Like

I think it was Mark Twain who said, “By the time a man is 55 [or some such age] a man will have the face he most deserves.”

1 Like

I want a t-shirt that says, “I am a liberal hack.”

2 Likes

Thank you!

Never mind

1 Like

Yes, send her crazy ass back home so she can sit with her own dog!

Isn’t she just an appointee? She’s trying to act like a real Senator.

1 Like
1 Like

Keep in mind it was considered a Confederate territory during the War of Northern Aggression.

1 Like

I thought that looked familiar.

Trying to keep the help in line.

I was mistaken about Leachman, as a young woman she was lovely. But aging will do that to you.

My dad had a bad cat and went into the drink. The aircraft carrier rolled over his airplane. If the Captain hadn’t shut down the engines his aircrew would have been chewed up by the ship’s screws. My dad received a medal for saving one of his aircrew.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available