McSally Professes Shock At ‘Pear-Clutching’ After Reporter Attack

Sen. Martha McSally (R-AZ) claimed Monday that she was “taken aback” by the “over-the-top pearl-clutching” that followed her calling CNN’s Manu Raju a “liberal hack” earlier this month.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1287086

Um, er, Ms. McSally, exactly who is REALLY allergic to the truth??

31 Likes

Let’s see how much pearl clutching takes place in November when you’re voted out of office.

Until then, don’t darken my doorway with your nonsense.

34 Likes

I thought that profile looked familiar.

43 Likes

She promised more “towel-snapping” at reporters in the future.

Ooh, behave!

Jim Jordan approves, though.

47 Likes

You are losing the election Martha. Get over it.

37 Likes

Your fifteen minutes of infamy are just about up, sweetheart…

20 Likes

Get ready for Arizona voters rejecting you again, scumbag.

24 Likes

Well, I guess she is tripling down on the hate mongering, and figures that is her path to winning in AZ. It didn’t work in 2018, and it’s unlikely to work for her this time around. And, she should know better…AZ is a western state, and, in general, the people there expect you to be honest and look for facts, it’s part of being real. McSally lost in 2018 because she failed that test, and her desperate hopes that she can cling to Trump’s coattails in 2020 and pull out a victory will be gone if she doesn’t vote to hear Bolton speak.

The ironic thing is that without her rightward hate march she probably would have fit in just fine in AZ, she used to be the kind of moderate Republican that would win easily there. Kelly is the kind of person that wins there too, despite the D after his name.

54 Likes

Okay, McSally, opening salvo. You corrupt, duplicitous traitor, running cover for the coward in chief-- how much Russki crimcash have you betrayed your country to get your basty grubby mitts on? Oooo, clutch THESE pearls, swine!

11 Likes

McSally will soon be graduating to “jock strap snapping,” in honor of “Gym.”

12 Likes

I’m shocked by her vulgarity.

3 Likes

McSally is a literal hack.

30 Likes

“McSilly Professes Shock At ‘Pearl-Clutching’ After Her Attack On Reporter”
Fixed that for yah!

4 Likes

She went on to claim that the media is biased in favor of Democrats, and that seemingly all reporting is accordingly slanted against the President.

And yet, there you are, a fledgling she-trumpster, writing an op-ed in the Phoenix newspaper.

30 Likes

She went on to claim that the media is biased in favor of Democrats, and that seemingly all reporting is accordingly slanted against the President.

Horseshit. The media is biased in favor of bothsiderism, which has the effect of bolstering the side not making good faith arguments, the side that isn’t reality-based, and the side constantly spewing lies and propaganda.

Which means the media is indirectly biased for the authoritarian protofascist right.

44 Likes

“McSally’s reelection effort.”

Please correct yourselves. This is her “election effort”. She was NEVER elected previously.

52 Likes

Her retention effort?

14 Likes

There’s a PMS joke in there somewhere but I refuse to take your bait, sir.

8 Likes

I don’t know AZ all that well, though my mother and sister lived there for decades.

They did seem to know the difference between a hero and a zero though…

15 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available