McConnell Urges Mask Wearing | Talking Points Memo

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) on Monday jumped on the Republican bandwagon urging the public to continue wearing face masks as coronavirus cases surge in several states.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1317858
1 Like
17 Likes

previously

13 Likes

OT / House GOP briefed on bountygate today and already getting their talking points out there to set the narrative. Dems, even though they control the affected committees, don’t get briefed till tomorrow.

Jeremy Herb
@jeremyherb

Kinzinger on Trump getting briefed: “I think it’s accurate to say it shouldn’t have risen to his level at that point because there was conflicting intelligence. But the administration went forward with additional force protection maneuvers to protect our troops” (h/t

@byrdinator

)

2:33 PM ¡ Jun 29, 2020¡Twitter Web App

That’s complete bullshit, btw.

23 Likes

MoscowMitch, suddenly worried about your mortality, Covid co-morbidity or bad polls?

You should be worried…
Another flu virus from Trump’s QPQ Election Patron - China!

With Trump in denial of Covid…
Just what we do not need!

Meanwhile, why is there a different briefing about Trump/Putin Bounty for the RethugniCONS and Ds?

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1277650842607370241

9 Likes

If someone is two faced, like Moscow Mitch, I assume two masks are required?

14 Likes

Bite me.

10 Likes

If you’ve lost McConnell…
Trump is doomed.

YAHOO

12 Likes

The Senate majority leader then said that it’s up to each family, small business, employer and all levels of government to “apply common sense” to make this happen.

Isn’t that how we got where we are now, Mitch?

7 Likes

We need a new routine, a new rhythm, a new strategy, a new president, and a new drug, not necessarily in that order.

1 Like

lol. common sense. there is no such thing.

3 Likes

The mask won’t save you when all the Russia info comes out, Moscow Mitch.

8 Likes

He can’t help but politicize it, there is no “middle ground” with public health and safety. It’s called telling your constituents they are wrong and to wear the damn mask.

7 Likes

Huh, I wonder who in his personal circle got COVID?

6 Likes

I will never understand why people think they have a God-given right to infect others.

4 Likes

Let the GOP jump on this band wagon. I don’t think defending Russian bounties as no big deal is going to play out the way they hope.

7 Likes

Two faces… Zero chins

4 Likes

Correction: Two faces, two chins.

2 Likes

As compared to in a medically induced coma on a ventilator, yeah.

8 Likes

McConnell?

No discernible chin so far as I see

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available