McConnell: Senate Position On Impeachment Will Be Identical To WH

There are no legal statutes, nor Constitutional imperatives, mandating how individual Senators conduct themselves leading up to an impeachment trial.

5 Likes

mcconnoll is an old coot, and will be dead soon. he will be looked upon by history and one of the slipperiest nastiest bastards that have ever disgraced the halls of congress… and that’s a high pile of shit to sit atop, but boy, of all the people who have damaged this country, he’s way up there.

16 Likes

Trump wants to call witnesses. Mitch okay with that?

(I wonder if his attorneys will talk him out of it, I hope not)

7 Likes

You know, I don’t really think he gives a crap about a legacy. He’s all about (abuse of) power now.

10 Likes

I waited out Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms, then was gifted Gingrich and Tom DeLay. The GOP will always have nasty bastards queued up, waiting to fill the slot of the last nasty bastard we were all looking forward to dying. It never ends. There will be no relief. Cockroaches have remained essentially unchanged for millions of years. So to will Republicans.

30 Likes

“There will be no difference between the President’s position and our position as to how to handle this to the extent that we can,” he said of impeachment. “We will be working through this process … in total coordination with the White House counsel.”

be right back

i need to see if crows are actually edible.

6 Likes

Right now, I’m thinking that he is.

5 Likes

McConnell’s open admission of allegiance to the White House on the process firms up the new Republican effort to rush through impeachment in the House, under the belief that Trump will get a fair trial in the Senate

Huh?

9 Likes

I liked this comment. But I hated this comment because it’s 100% true. But I felt like it deserves likes, so …

Argh!

7 Likes

So, McConnell just confessed that the U.S. Senate is not a part of a co-equal branch of government?? Typical lickspittle behavior.

18 Likes

And McConnell will be the first one to scream and yell the loudest when a Democratic President obstructs Congress.

11 Likes

“…you believe the case is so slim, so weak that you have the votes to end it, that might be what the president’s lawyers would prefer, and you can certainly make a case for making it shorter rather than longer since it’s such a weak case.”

If you flip it 180 degrees from Moscow Mitch’s intended meaning, it makes perfect sense to prevent Trump’s non-defense from ever being exposed to witnesses and testimony.

Winner: Trump
Loser: Democracy

8 Likes

We knew that the impeachment process would be wrecked in advance, that the GOP would not let the system work as it is designed to. McConnell is obviously going to make the Senate trial not go as Democrats wish to. We knew this all along and we know it now just like we know that Lucy will not let Charlie kick the ball. We will officially have a situation in which the GOP president can’t be indicted, can’t be impeached, can’t be controlled by courts.

17 Likes

I think the analogy would be closer if that was “I want the Court to understand that the jury is in full agreement with the position of the defense team”.

5 Likes

You’re assuming Moscow Mitch will still be in Congress after this term. It’s not unlikely (unfortunately), but it’s not as sure a thing as it has been in the past.

6 Likes

His brazen arrogance is insufferable. I want to see him sob and wail and rend his garments on election night.

(I may be able to do without the garment rending, but the rest is still on my wish list).

6 Likes

One thing that occurs to me is a decision by the House to reduce the White House budget in response to certain actions or conduct by the President. My only concern is that, once the Repubs retake the House (whenever that is) they will adopt that tactic in spades, as they did with judicial nominations.

1 Like

I presume they will do that regardless.

6 Likes

Yes the jury is in bed with the defendant. Surprise, surprise that Republicans believe that pissing all over the Constitution is the way to goveren.

5 Likes

I usually refrain from name calling but this coming from Mr. Turtle is complete non-news. He will find a way to manipulate this and outrage any thinking human being. That’s his modus operandi and he’ll not change his shell for anyone.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available