McConnell’s New Bill Reveals Unrelenting Pressure To Curb Judge-Shopping

This as a minimum. No one judge, at any level, should be able to issue a national injunction like these ones.

9 Likes

Agree completely. He has the brains, education and experience to do better. He isn’t mentally ill and very well knows that what he is doing wrong.

4 Likes
7 Likes

There are some things that once lost, are very, very difficult to get back. This is one of them.

11 Likes

Or maybe, and bear with me, stop appointing RWNJ FedSoc judges in red states in the name of “comity”? Just a thought…

7 Likes

That’s just crazy talk.

7 Likes

:joy:

Well, yeah but they misread it as being a requirement… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Wishing the Grim Reaper would do his job here.

1 Like

OT, but every single time Trump claims the NY fraud case is unfair, someone should ask him how it compares to this…

10 Likes

A judge in the Northern District of Texas went on the record to tell the New York Times that the “consensus” his chief judge cited does not actually exist.

“Consensus” spoken by a Chief Anybody translates to disagreement, probably to a profound degree.

The problem is usually at the top

5 Likes

“I don’t see any sort of groundswell of support among Republicans to do this, and why would they?” Ahearn added.

That’s not the point. That is, in fact, what leads to corruption. Republicans don’t have to support the bill. Just like abortions. No one is demanding you get one.

But what Republicans are doing is preventing a fix to a corrupted process that many, many, many people – including experts – think is a good idea.

Just get out of the way, Republicans.
Stop supporting lawlessness.

5 Likes

“Broad consensus” means that they waited until the opposed members had to take a bathroom break, and then took the vote.

“Solid consensus” means they adjourned and then reconvened a smaller group later that evening at the airport Holiday Inn, deputizing the night shift manager and the ice maker in order to reach quorum.

6 Likes

It is stunning that a company with 36 employees can have a market cap of $4.4 billion, especially one that is ostensibly worthless.

3 Likes

Right now it looks like he is chortling all the way to his grave - and soon. And soon Mitch will face oblivion and be gone. Money and power doesn’t matter there, but he won’t care - because oblivion. I think people like Mitch don’t deserve the pleasure of oblivion. But I am pretty sure he will get it regardless. I hope I can be around to be aware of the eternal absence of that lousy, greedy, idiot motherfucker, even if it is just for a couple of hours.

1 Like

Judges are horrible people…if the entire legal profession got shot into the sun today the world would be an infinitely better place.

Moscow Mitch really wants a bill to only allow the GOP to judge shop just as he did with the Supreme Court, esp during the Obama administration.

2 Likes

Or a distraction to derail attempts to end the practice while clouding the matter with the voting public.

Akin to continual reports that “of course Speaker Johnson believes Ukrainian aid is important” while thousands more die and Russia gains an upper hand at the front.

Even TPM at times surprises me with its political naïveté or wish-making.

Evility? I like that word. It is new to me.

Leonard Leo and the judges with lifetime appointments can afford to wait a very long time.

So until Democrats retake the House and Senate. Until Mitch McConnell retires. GET OUT THE VOTE.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available