McConnell Congratulates Cheney But Stays Mum On House GOP Defense Of Greene | Talking Points Memo

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) congratulated Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) for holding onto her conference chair position. But he was tight-lipped about a decision that no action would be taken to admonish  Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) for endorsing violence against Democratic lawmakers and promoting deranged conspiracy theories. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1358387

In stock market news…one of my favorite memory as a kid watching road runner of that moment when Wile E. Coyote realizes he’s off the cliff!

5 Likes

I know it’s a stock photo, but that image sure does remind me of how much I hate McConnell.

3 Likes

Staying mum is Mitch’s equivalent of the standing O.

3 Likes

McConnell’s instincts are consistently vile.

4 Likes

12 Likes
13 Likes

just stole this - to share …

There is an old saying:
If there are 11 people seated at a dinner table with a fascist,
and none of them are denouncing the fascist,
there are 12 fascists at that table.
…That is the Republican Party

13 Likes

“Mah name is Turtle and this is Qev’s hurdle.”

7 Likes

Round and round we go…

8 Likes

" McConnell Congratulates Cheney But Stays Mum On House GOP Defense Of Greene" ?

Forgot that silence is golden I see Mitch.

2 Likes

BINGO !
“Round and round we go…”

All they have to do now is run Sellers departing in reverse.

He congratulated her on a “landslide”? Is he trolling somebody?

7 Likes

GOP pillow fight.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s time Republicans aske Americans what they like…ha ha ha ha ha, ah ha. Yeah right. Thing is they know exactly what the majority want. Which is why they try to fuck up a fair election system.

8 Likes

22 Likes

Promises kept.

7 Likes

Anyone who took his initial statements as sincere is a fool anyway.

4 Likes

I get the impression that, even though McConnell is still quite evil, he’s not having nearly as much fun as he used to. It’s as though the fire in him has gone out and he’s just going through the motions of being an evil, Machiavellian super villain.

4 Likes

Show us and Dear Leader that you mean it, Matt - go ahead and resign.

10 Likes