McCarthy Tries To Thread The Needle Amid Trump Chaos He Supported | Talking Points Memo

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) outlined his convoluted position on how to deal with President Trump a week after insurrectionist violence left five people dead after Trump’s supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1354415
1 Like

Hard to thread a broken needle.

24 Likes

14 Likes

To reap what you sew, you must thread the needle.

Keep trying, Kev…

9 Likes

Didn’t McCarthy try to throw out PA and AZ votes?

20 Likes

Holy shit, Greene just went full-blown Q on the House floor.

19 Likes
11 Likes

Also reads suspiciously like Trump had nothing to do with it.

15 Likes

McCarthy seems to believe there is still a line he can walk between his corporate donors and the rabid base but, for now at least, that line is gone.

13 Likes

Seems like he’s inventing a new verdict, Guilty But No Consequences.

27 Likes

Faster (and better) than I could say it.

6 Likes

When you’re looking for solid ground to stage your political battle on, a failed coup attempt seems like an admirable choice.

2 Likes

Yells at secretary “Get my mass killing by guns speech and change it so it looks like I am talking about impeachment”. You know, the “time for healing” one.

8 Likes

OT I just heard on NPR that McEvil McReptile won’t introduce Articles of Impeachment until after McEvil McToadglans is out of the Oval Orifice. Such a brave patriot, he.

Fun Fact: As soon as Dr. Cadet Cockholster mit der Bone Spurs von Queens is gone it won’t be up to McTurtle McAnus whether the Articles are introduced anyway.

6 Likes

“The President bears responsibility for Wednesday’s attack on Congress by mob rioters,” McCarthy said. “He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding. These facts require immediate actions by President Trump: accept his share of responsibility, quell the brewing unrest and ensure President-elect Biden is able to successfully begin his term.”

In truth, if McCarthy is concerned with truth, the word “Trump” and or “President” in the above statement to be completely true needs to be replaced with “Republicans”.

Which is really the concern of McCarthy and McConnell, that Trump and not those mostly responsible, the Republican Party that created Trump, be held responsible.

7 Likes

McConnell’s refusal to take this up gives the GOP an out to say Trump was Impeached by a partisan Democratic Party, not republicans.

But he will be impeached. And if the Senate doesn’t convict the Democratic Party holds the bag this time.

1 Like

Is he a McReptile or a McAmphibian?

2 Likes

What, like cannibal pedophiles and all that shit?

9 Likes

“I believe impeaching the President in such a short time frame would be a mistake,” McCarthy said on the House floor.

Lick harder, Kevin.

9 Likes

Amphibians are frogs, toads, newts* and salamanders. Reptiles are turtles, snakes, lizards, alligators and crocodiles.

*Notable exception: Newt, along with his gargoyle mistress cum wife, are not as respectable as amphibians. They are, in fact, merely types of feces.

4 Likes