McCarthy Spins Anti-Impeachment Stance | Talking Points Memo

Among logical fallacies, it’s referred to as the Chewbacca Defense. It is far too common among “debaters” who are only interested in promulgating propaganda.

2 Likes

Oh lord please throw brains from the heavens… or stones, as long as they hit the mark.

Certainly my favorite saying. Whether it’s real or not, I have no clue.

1 Like

That’s why they invented Yiddish.

2 Likes

“Hi. I’m Kevin. I’m none too bright.”

“Hi, Kevin.”

“My mother always said ‘If I had a brain I’d be dangerous.’ She always said it like it was a bad thing. Sometimes it made me feel sort of scuzzy, like a guy who’d cover for sex criminals for years on end. But now, I just feel warm and fuzzy. Like my hair.”

This is the man caught on tape saying that it’s obvious Trump was getting help from the Russians just like Rohrbacher used to get. He KNOWS Trump is as guilty as shit. McCarthy is a limp dishrag version of his obvious model, infamous former Senator Joe McCarthy of Wisconsin, of Red Scare fame.
I hope the Dems are putting a lot of energy into defeating this s.o.b. in his CA home district in 2020, as I hope they are putting to defeat that piece of rotten pond scum, Devin Nunes.

1 Like

Is there a GOP member of either house of Congress who ISN’T a Russian asset?

1 Like

Poor ol` Kevin needs a clean diaper .

I sure hope McKathy’s constituents are watching this lowlife LIAR! He is not representing their interests well, at all. I hope they understand that McKathy is attempting to replace their DEMOCRACY with Putin’s fascist communism! Wake up folks and smell his rotting roses and feces before it is too damn late!

He found Ronald Reagan’s leftover hair dye stash.

Kevin McCarthy was never anywhere near gravitas.

I read this Red State piece about Nune’s “masterful summation” at the end of the last hearing, and it’s incredible how twisted and ridiculous it is for people who know the truth.

BUT! For those on the other side of the mirror it also hangs together as a plausible narrative about a relentless campaign to impeach Trump which is apparently a reason to ignore all the evidence of wrongdoing.

Besides, that story goes, all the people giving the evidence are Trump haters and Soros conspirators from wayyyy back.

The evidence is therefore making no impact whatsoever on these people. None.

If you want to see what we’re up against, you should read that piece. And get a load of the titles of the articles that follow. Surreal and MADDENING.

1 Like

I’ll have to find a way to use that in a sentence.

2 Likes

McCarthy agrees a president bribing a foreign government is “perfect and beautiful” however; a president wearing a khaki suit is not only scandalous but it is an impeachable offense. He h asn’t forgiven himself for not bringing charges.

1 Like

Tell me about it. I had to drive into the central valley to my hometown for a family event yesterday. It is just so sad there. Dust blowing everywhere. Everything coated with it. It’s going to become a wasteland in every sense of the word. I couldn’t get out fast enough today.

2 Likes

Sorry, I inadvertently left off the final ‘t’. DumpkopfZimmerSchitt - 20 letters for the win.

2 Likes

The toxic boron-selenium-salt-laden dust is known as San Joaquin snow.

Never heard that

1 Like

Spend more time in Buttonwillow.

1 Like

Ah that’s about 50 miles south. I have only ever passed through. I’ll carry the euphemism forward!

1 Like

and @old_curmudgeon

Damn, I was hoping someone had come up with the word for “dumbest man in a room full of dumb men”, which probably does have a German word.

aaand I see that @filmknight answered the question for @lastroth and @irasdad.

I love this place.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available