McCarthy Reveals That He’s Going To Do…Nothing To Punish Greene

After days of caginess, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy released a statement Wednesday afternoon revealing that he intends to do nothing to punish Rep. Marjorie Greene (R-GA) for approving of calls for the execution of Democratic officials online.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1358250

Did anyone really expect Qevin to actually do anything? Seriously? Anybody? Anybody at all?

56 Likes

Much to the Republicans’ chagrin, Greene probably will be stripped of her committee assignments anyway, on the back of Democratic votes.

That’s too bad.

Good.

21 Likes

McCarthy Reveals That He’s Going To Do…Nothing To Punish Greene

Usually I would say Qevin is at his best when doing nothing… but maybe not this time.

28 Likes

There’s a big fucking surprise.

27 Likes

I would give a reply to your question but I am too busy laughing.

Qevin McQarthy is devoid of any ethics and morals as much as he is devoid of any intelligence. But, as you have pointed out, we’ve already known that for a very long time.

25 Likes

Unfortunately, that means if and when the Rs have a House majority again, as payback they will do the same to some D congresscritter who says something less than complimentary about an R, because that will be totally the same as calling for a colleague’s assassination and then bringing a gun onto the House floor.

36 Likes

“While Democrats pursue a resolution on Congresswoman Greene, they continue to do nothing about Democrats serving on the Foreign Affairs Committee who have spread anti-Semitic tropes, Democrats on the House Intelligence and Homeland Security Committee compromised by Chinese spies, or the Chairwoman of the House Financial Services Committee who advocated for violence against public servants,”

I’m on break

8 Likes

Fine. We cannot let a threat keep us from doing what’s right or we’ll never do anything either and that’s not acceptable.

51 Likes

I am wearing my “SHOCKED!” face, Tena Darlin’. Also clutching both my heart AND my pearls!

8 Likes

He had to be forced to, but he did do something about Steve King.

7 Likes

Fixed a typo here. Traditionalist Repubs are basically hiding behind the Democrats here, letting the Dems do the housekeeping for them so they can pretend to maintian “plausible deniability”. I don’t see this working, because they’re going to have to vote thumbs up or down when it comes to a vote, so they’re either attacked by the crazy base, or shunned by sane voters.

And to that, I can only say:

“Teeeheeeheee…” :smile:

38 Likes

I’m so sorry that Qevin let you down. :joy: :joy: :joy:

I hope you recover.

7 Likes

Those Jewish space lasers must have an uncanny ability to install fear in poor little Kevin McCarthy.

21 Likes

F is for Failure. L is for Loser. CS is for Chicken Shit.

5 Likes

The lack of foresight in the Republican Party is stunning, and I believe that they have been so long under Trump’s thumb that they are gutless and unintelligent.

14 Likes

“We can be just as un-American as Democrats! In fact, we can do it better!”

Not that there’s any truth to his knee-jerk comparisons, that’s just the message he’s telegraphing.

6 Likes

No argument here. We have less than two years. Make 2020 a latching election that locks in voter access to the polls for a generation. Whatever it takes.

30 Likes

Let’s face it, he knows he doesn’t have to do anything because the Dems will and they will then take all the heat for it.

11 Likes

Actually, if dear ol’ Qev had actually done the right thing, I would probably need to once again recline upon my brocade-upholstered Lindsey Graham Fainting Divan (available for a limited time at the bargain price of $249.99. Order now at the GOP Closet Works website! But wait - there’s more! Free pool boy included with first 100 orders! )

23 Likes