McCarthy Picks 5 GOP Men For Jan. 6 Select Committee | Talking Points Memo

After remaining tight-lipped about whether he will appoint Republicans to the House select committee probing the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) is reportedly slated to name five House Republican men to the panel.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1381659

And I am waiting for Speaker Pelosi to veto at least one of these names.

76 Likes

I hope she vetoes the three. No one who voted to challenge the election should be on.

69 Likes

You and everybody else. hahahahahahahaha

22 Likes

Three out of five of McCarthy’s picks — Banks, Jordan and Nehls — voted to challenge election results in the battleground states of Pennsylvania and Arizona.

Sounds legit.

20 Likes

Well, most of us here have “great minds.”

18 Likes

Veto Gym Jordan, please. No interest in allowing that walking human shitshow to constantly try to thwart and disrupt the committee.

50 Likes

Of course, if she does veto any of these, the RWNJs will scream “Biased! Political! Witch hunt!”

But they will do that anyway, so she might as well kick them off.

ETA: Oh, and “Canceled!” too.

28 Likes

Truth be told, Kevin McCarthy is stupid and his instincts are stupid. And, he’s stupid.

61 Likes

The GOPers on that committee are intellectual midgets compared to the Dems on the committee.

23 Likes

The GOP are mental midgets.

33 Likes

The resolution for the select committee dictated that Pelosi would appoint all 13 members, but would consult with McCarthy on five of them. Pelosi can block any of McCarthy’s picks for the select committee.

I think Pelosi should take a page from the McTurtle playbook, and say that is too close to the election to admit any of McCarthy’s nominations.

73 Likes

No Matt Gaetz? No Margarine Turning Green?

They’ve been cancelled again?

Replace Gym Jordan with Devin Nunes’ cow.

39 Likes

First, the three who voted against the Commission should be vetoed by Speaker Pelosi for exercising bad faith.

Second, the remaining two should agree to wear soundproof face masks for all proceedings.

The GOP can whine all they want. This is WAR !! Fuck 'EM if they can’t take Pelosi’s Leadership and commitment to seeking the truth about went went down on Jan. 6th and the events that preceded it. The Past is Prologue.

37 Likes

These were picked with Trump’s approval. McCarthy has no power to decide anything.

38 Likes

She should veto all of them.

17 Likes

Gym Shorts Jordon should be kicked off the list for his over the top obnoxiousness, just for starters.

39 Likes

That would be an automatic blackball if I were Speaker.

13 Likes

Oh wonderful, weeks of coverage of Jim Jordan’s bullshit.

13 Likes

McCarthy ultimately decided on…

Wait.

Why not report this for what it is?

McCarthy came crawling to Nancy Pelosi, begging her to spare him the humiliation of his stupid political mistake, begging her to - please - accept his humble recommendations…

Okay, that’s a long headline, but, hey… cut me some slack ; - )

10 Likes