Mastriano’s Master’s Thesis Fearfully Imagines A Woke Dictator And A Civilian ‘Putsch’

If loving her is wrong
I don’t wanna be far-right

Apparently the Air Force is chock full o’ fundamentalist evangelical wingnuts.

13 Likes

When a person wins a Primary and the odds of the opponent in the General instantly get better, that says a lot about this former person.

Having him featured in stories highlighting his extremism is just window dressing.

5 Likes

The problem is that some people (even some people in my rural PA county…maybe even some of my coworkers ) love his extremism.

7 Likes

Mastriano’s thesis is presented in the form of a fictional military leader’s personal journal in the year 2018,

Critical Insurrection Studies is not my field, but this seems like an unusual stylistic choice for a thesis. Is the institution that awarded his degree actually accredited?

15 Likes

Additionally, the means through which the fictional dictator Aurelius shored up his power (putting political expediency over duty, demanding full loyalty to himself instead of the Constitution, purging officials who weren’t sufficiently loyal to him, etc.) mirror Trump’s actions to a T.

“Candor and honesty should not be suppressed because of some sort of misguided idea of unbridled loyalty,” the thesis observes. “Overly zealous commitment to ‘keep the boss happy’ is unhealthy to an organization and does nothing but promote careerism at the cost of the troops.”

IOKIYAR[Conservative]

4 Likes

He’s still unelectable statewide.

4 Likes

4 Likes

That was my thought: what about this is an academic study by any “normal” definition? Sounds like a third-rate jerkwater private “Christian” college.

13 Likes

the insertion of homosexuality

Interesting word choice.

The moral underpinnings of the US military were replaced by a neo-pagan worldview… unable to pose any of the imagined threats to the republic

Umm, I don’t think the military is supposed to pose threats to the republic. Freudian slip maybe?

11 Likes

…and the rest of the military. And a lot of police departments. They fall over themselves talking about faith and family.

4 Likes

I’m trying to remember back to Sunday school where they indoctrinated us that the world owes us, and should revolve around us.
If we set up the world to work according to their plan then where is commitment, the struggle to do God’s work?
Again can someone please explain to me why the 70s were nicknamed the “Me Generation”?

7 Likes

Surprising to see this lapse into sanity in the middle of all that:

“Candor and honesty should not be suppressed because of some sort of misguided idea of unbridled loyalty,” the thesis observes. “Overly zealous commitment to ‘keep the boss happy’ is unhealthy to an organization

Someone should remind him these are words he actually believed at one time

7 Likes

Whether implicit or explicit it seems Colorado Springs is trying created good Christian Soldiers.

4 Likes

What is is about the thought of society not being accepting of bigotry and discrimination, sets these Christo-fascist creeps so on edge?

I mean, for a former military guy, he sure seems to be standing in a deep puddle of his own pee because liberals don’t embrace, and have the audacity to speak out and work against, misogyny, racism and fascism.

9 Likes

Putsch Putz!

8 Likes

General Curtis LeMay. A very accomplished officer, but also batshit crazy. George Wallace’s running mate in 1968. Huge influence on the Air Force when it was just getting started.

17 Likes

Kinda like how conservatives are always fearfully bleating about “things being crammed down their throats”.

Some serious pathology screaming out in conservative rhetoric.

12 Likes

The Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs has long been a hotbed of Christian nationalism.
A veteran of the academy Mikey Weinstein (yeah that his name) at the Military religious freedom foundation has done yeoman work keeping them from engaging in proselytism and honoring the values of the institution.

7 Likes

Didn’t realize he was Wallace’s running mate. Def Dr. Strangelove level batshit…

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available