Mastriano’s Master’s Thesis Fearfully Imagines A Woke Dictator And A Civilian ‘Putsch’

Years before he helped fuel an insurrection at the Capitol, future Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano (R) was writing dystopian fanfiction that warned of a “civilian putsch” that would arise if the military didn’t take a stand to uphold a culture of conservative ideology.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1415784
1 Like

Irony is dead and a-molderin’ in the grave.

22 Likes

Guy’s bald, wears aviators and loves Nine Line apparel. Everything the GQP loves and believes makes you a leader.

12 Likes

Not weird at all. Our military is in good hands.

12 Likes

Mastriano’s thesis is presented in the form of a fictional military leader’s personal journal in the year 2018, the year of “the destruction of the American Republic at the hands of a civilian led Putsch.”

Was this fictional character named “Mike Flynn?”

39 Likes

Question to Air Command and Staff College - do they normally accept coup fanfic as meeting their academic requirements?

Seems like something for a military IG to check out.

62 Likes

“The result of this assault translated into no moral standards or absolutes (i.e. do what is right in your own eyes).”

“That’s my position and I’m sticking to it, whether you like it or not!”

3 Likes

Curious the grade he got for that shit.

45 Likes

For those who don’t follow this of thing, the USAF has been infiltrated by the evangelical right for decades, since the 1980s at the very least. This is the sort of tripe that appeals to them. Think “Turner Diaries” and you are more than halfway there.

As many of us already know, every xstain is a victim here in the United States. They whine worse than toddlers and are utterly incapable of accepting responsibility for their own lives as they insert themselves uninvited into the lives and personal decisions of other people.

Unsurprisingly, sexual assault is a massive problem in the USAF.

49 Likes

How did this thesis pass muster? This seems more akin to a creative writing project than a masters thesis.

37 Likes

It was Commander In Chief Bonespurs McBucket O’ Chicken

15 Likes

The “Pearl Harbor of Space” (p. 5) sounds like a promising idea for a short story in Astonishing Stories.

9 Likes

I bet all those other Americans in those other 49 states are really jealous of us Pennsylvanians right about now.

28 Likes

These people swim in fear, anger, hatred and stupidity.

16 Likes

It passed the mustard, held the ketchup.

7 Likes

Too many of these weird evangelicals getting their military bona fides. The USAF was already the subject of this stuff out of the academy in Colorado Springs.

I think you’ll find that so called Evangelical Christianity is rampant in the military in all branches, and that taking Jesus as your personal savior is a sure way to advance.

I want to know how many in the IRS. I knew an evangelical years ago that said they don’t pay taxes at all. Any IRS letters get taken to the pastor.

12 Likes

First off: It was the Air Force, so SAP.

Second off: This guys singing the old Fogerty tune to TFG, “Put me in coach, I’m ready to play…”

3 Likes

When people tell you and show you who they are, BELIEVE THEM!!

14 Likes

It seems unlikely that he would give an actual answer, but it would be nice for a journalist to ask him about his “thesis” and how that Aurelius mug he wrote about compares to Trump.

6 Likes

Writing his account “by flickering candle light in a damp Virginian cave,” the military official describes how a dictator named Aurelius, backed by the EU and UN, was able to take power because the military had been weakened by civilian leaders’ push to make it an apolitical institution and impose political correctness upon it.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available