Mastriano’s Master’s Thesis Fearfully Imagines A Woke Dictator And A Civilian ‘Putsch’

7 Likes

Good write up from the Ukrainians on the state of the war as it gives a clearer sense of the big picture.

The short summary: the Russians have sharply reduced their ambitions as many battlefronts have stalled out. They’re really looking to fully seize all of Luhansk Oblast, as they controlled about half of it pre-war through their pro-Russian LPR proxies and now occupy about 85%-90% of it as UKR has staged a war of attrition and tactical retreats to keep their undermanned forces in this region viable while they defended and liberated other parts of the country. The Russian attempts to grab more of Kharkiv and Donetsk Oblasts have essentially stalled out or failed.

They are attempting to strike new advances in Kherson and Zaporizhia but those have failed to date and may only be feints or stunts to distract UKR.

The big news from this piece is that UKR is planning a big counteroffensive in Donbas/East to commence in June. The Russians know this and that’s why there is more nervousness there and why they are loading up concentrated forces in the town of Popasna to strike in several directions, but keep getting mowed down at strategic crossing points. A Ukrainian full scale offensive is likely to push the Russians firmly back in key areas and it will build momentum upon itself as the country sees the possibility of decisively beating the Russians.

I think this is also why the NYT editorial calling for appeasement on the heels of passing lend lease was published when it did. I have little doubt that the NYT editorial board is a corrupt institution to maintain elite power, in essence an institution of white supremacy. They see the Democratic Party as a threat to their privileged perch. I have no doubt that the Russians and their GOP friends contacted the Ed board to urge them to publish an editorial calling for UKR to cede territory in exchange for ‘peace’. I think the Russians are trying to change the narrative and get their GOP friends and those the GOP can influence to undermine the Biden policy, shift the narrative and help Russia avoid what’s coming to them.

A Ukrainian offensive will not be casualty free. Zelenskyy has been preparing his people for that. To date, UKR casualties have been relatively low as compared to the sheer amount of munitions fired at military and civilian targets. They’ve done a good job of strategic, luring Russians to advance, counterattacking, destroying supply lines and then pushing back while staying out of direct frontal confrontations. That changes now as UKR is supplied and now has upwards of 600k-700k folks (per Zelensky) in the fight, a larger standing army than the Russians probably have available to them at this point. However, I do believe that once UKR starts pushing forward, the Russians may not have the will to stick around if UKR starts racking up wins and advances. That said, we’re in the period before the big shift to a new phase of the war, one which I think Ukraine is going to win and perhaps put the Putin regime on its heels.

https://euromaidanpress.com/2022/05/22/russo-ukrainian-war-day-87-russia-continues-all-out-attacks-to-take-full-control-of-luhansk-oblast/?swcfpc=1

14 Likes

Every time I think of Mastriano, I think of Jimmy Young, the great counterpuncher in the Era of Ali.

The way to deal with a person like the former is to make him even more full of himself and then lower the boom. And the sequence of this (Obama did it with “Please Proceed, Governor” against “Myth” Romney in a 2012 Presidential Debate) can vary in order and length.

5 Likes

I hope so.

2 Likes

Herschel Walker said he had 12 alternate personalities — or alters — including the warrior (who played football), the sentry (who avoided emotional attachments), and the thrill-seeker (who played Russian roulette with a loaded gun).

So which Alter will the GOP be voting for?

— Agolf Twitler Slayer (@bblock29) May 22, 2022
8 Likes

It seriously bothers me that folks don’t care what the government is up to. They go about their lives like there’s no impact from voting. Voting is our only voice short of demonstrations or violence. I remember vividly a huge mob on the DC Mall by the Lincoln Memorial. It was about the war in Vietnam. Nixon showed up in the crowd. People were respectful of his security but very willing to confront him as some did face to face. He spoke and there was back n forth for two hours.

Voting is very important to me as it should be to every citizen. The percent turn out went up in 2020 because of trump’s weirdness and the possibility he could steal power as an autocrat. I would prefer a 75% turn out but that ain’t gonna happen.

6 Likes

8 Likes

Funny how American Conservative Union had to travel all the way Hungary to allow the spewing of racism and Christian fascism. I guess Hungary was their safe place.

6 Likes

NEW: Senate Republicans are vowing to filibuster the Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act after it passed the House on a near-party line vote. The bill would focus on preventing white supremacist terrorism. “It sounds terrible,” Josh Hawley said, per @thehill.

— No Lie with Brian Tyler Cohen (@NoLieWithBTC) May 22, 2022
4 Likes

The guy dumping the trash can shoulda been labeled as Tucker Carlson.

3 Likes

More “replacement”…

fox toiletheads

2 Likes

So the goobers support domestic terrorism and mass shooting of POC.
Good to know. Not that I didn’t think they already did support madness.

3 Likes

6 Likes

OT: This is mildly encouraging. Australia votes for new government and sends the right-wing PM Scott Morrison and his party packing.

5 Likes

I’ve asked you before: would you please give it a rest with all this “factual information”?

I was happily believing that it was the USAF Academy, and now you burst my bubble. Thanks a lot.

You are hardly alone!

Supposedly, when Alexander’s father Philip defeated the Thebans and Athenians, the Sacred Band was found, all dead, in pairs, with all their wounds in the front.

1 Like

This!

What a vivid description of those traits of our current species that are so immensely dangerous to the entire ecosystem. It’s good messaging, gets right into the psyche and slaps upside the head.

2 Likes

Glad not to share your drama, actually. Last year, though, in California we had to endure the recall campaign against Gov. Newsom. The crazies are widespread.

1 Like

Perhaps before the wicked days that galled Yahweh into flooding the earth, there were multiple instances of “immaculate conception.”

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available