Marijuana Plot Buried In Indictment Of Giuliani’s Associates

While Rudy Giuliani associates Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman were trying to manipulate U.S.-Ukrainian politics to aid President Trump in 2020, they made time for a little side venture to rake in some green.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1255080

[inhale] seriously? whoa…awesome [exhale]

8 Likes

“the Grass is always Greener… in Nevada?”

Not.

5 Likes

These guys were buying republicans left and right. And cheap, too!

20 Likes

Leave it to Trump and the Republicans to ruin everything including something I have been looking forward to for over 40 years, legalized pot.

Seriously, I have not smoked dope in 40 years but was looking forward to 1/1/2020 when it becomes legal in Illinois and I can smoke the pot I confiscated (stole) over the years when cleaning my kids rooms.

Now if I go through with my plan of smoking it in front of them on the day it becomes legal they can accuse me of something intolerable, helping Donald Trump.

9 Likes

So, who (cough… rudy…cough) is this un-named individual?

5 Likes

Are you fucking kidding me? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

11 Likes

Laxalt is thick with Sheldon Adelson, who, a couple of years back, when Laxalt was AG, pretty much openly tried to get Laxalt to relax gaming regs. One can hypothesize that Sheldon is involved here in some way.

14 Likes

WTF?! You mean I can’t even spark a damned doobie now without thinking about these corrupt motherfuckers?

7 Likes

Obviously Lindsey Graham needs to schedule his Rudy Giuliani hearings and get to the bottom of this. Doubtless many Democrats have questions for Rudy he’s anxious to answer. Graham’s invitation to Rudy to testify is sheer genius.

13 Likes

Well I imagine many are smoking as much as humanly possible these days, why not get in on the action?

Just like there’s no dates for incels, none of these are people you’d want to go One Toke Over the Line with.

3 Likes

The Laxalt family has a long and somewhat sordid history in Nevada politics.

it would be extra rich if this was the start of their undoing.

13 Likes

I look forward to trying it for chronic pain from my MS

4 Likes

Blazing Sad Dulls

4 Likes

They do indeed go back. I remember seeing a news story about Paul Laxalt followed by a laxative commercial. I’ve had the two confused ever since.

11 Likes

Now it’s Meta-Two-Cells

3 Likes

MAGA! All I can say.

2 Likes

This entire administration is becoming an example of who your parents warned you not to hang with. At this point, the punk kids behind the ice house would be a better crowd.

Edit: “Ice House” in Texas usage is somewhat equal to the corner store or convenience store.

7 Likes

So, grift or delusion?

They poured money into two Republican campaigns during the height of talk of the “Blue Wave,” which seems to have successfully swamped both of their chosen champions for pushing this hare-brained scheme through.

Were they expecting the campaigns to fail (a la The Producers) and pocket the difference, or did they actually believe they could help push the candidates over the top and get their desired regulation alteration?

2 Likes

Okay, it seems like a lifetime ago, but wasn’t Michael Cohen and family members or associates who were involved in the taxi medallion bubble schemes in NYC and Chicago trying to also get in on the legal marijuana industry in Nevada?

ETA: Here’s one of many articles from just last year about it (google “Michael Cohen taxi medallion marijuana” for more):

5 Likes