Manchin Will Vote Yes On S.1 Debate, Giving Dems Unanimity In Face Of GOP Blockade

But I always thought that Franklin County was part of Vermont???

Whatever happens, it has to be in vivo, yes? ; - )

The Q ueen, you say?

2 Likes

Naw, QEII. She’s got the goods on lots of people and takes care of problems, look how chill she was about icing Diana, let alone that nobody has remotely connected her to Epstein’s bedsheet-and-chill night at the lockup.

3 Likes

Oh, don’t worry. The GOP analytical experts can already identify you by the way you type the first two letters of any word.

I have no idea about what you said, but…

laughing out loud I can’t help myself. It’s the way you say things. That je ne sais quoi you have : - )

2 Likes

Because the dead-pan delivery you read on the page is exactly how I say it out loud.

1 Like
2 Likes

Seems like that tweet has been amended? No longer refers to filibuster.

2 Likes

But wait…! Didn’t the vaccine also microchip us?
Have we been fed yet another pack of lies…???

1 Like

Can we PLEASE stop calling these filibusters, because while they have the same effect as filibusters, they are NOT filibusters. What they are are a refusal to vote for cloture to end debate. They are back-door filibusters, requiring no effort, time, discomfort or risk. What we need is to bring back actual filibusters and not these half-caf no-fat Splenda bullshit fake filibusters, and force Repubs to block bills by “debating” forever. Do they have the stomach for it? I doubt it. They’re all cowards.

1 Like
3 Likes

He did. Now what? Well, I think we all know. The same thing that will happen to every other piece of Democratic legislation. The senate, being the deliberative body, has always been referred to as the “Legislative Simmering Plate.” I think we should begin referring to it as the “Legislative Charnal Ground.”

1 Like

And birth notices in at least one contemporary newspaper.

(You have no idea how expensive that part of the op was. @castor_troy)

1 Like

You need to focus on the outcome, not the process. It’s the outcome that counts…

1 Like

Ahem, I personally was born on an island off the coast of California which didn’t even have a hospital at the time. My (foreigner) mother told me that they reported the birth to the mainland but she was “not sure they got the date right”. So, I do believe I’m an American but I can only suppose my registered birthday on the birth certificate I have is right plus or minus a day or two…

2 Likes

My dad’s family came to the states in 1865 (yeah, you’d think that wasn’t a great year to immigrate to the US) and after a brief stint in New York, moved on to Chicago. We have solid documentation on their arrival, and some proof of their move to Chicago, but apparently great-grandfather Jean’s death certificate was lost after Mrs. O’Leary’s cow did its thing. We next pick up their tracks after they moved to California and (except for the “adopted” wife who was grandma #1 who became my dad’s mum, so no family tree on that branch) pretty solid roots from there on.

Now, on me mum’s side, solid roots back to the Scottish clan but only hints on the Aussie mate who hooked up with Agnes during WW1 through a note she’d hidden in a balaclava knitted for an Aussie prisoner-of-war who’d lost a leg on the Somme. So basically, we have solid DNA traces for about half the root and relatively solid proof of eligibility for citizenship for about half the tree.

And we are not that different from the rest of the world…

1 Like

All the counter examples have been of people born more than 50 to 70 years ago. Since you are on this board, I’m sure you were born decades ago. The original discussion, was, as I understood it, about babies or young people.

So, yeah, there’s some dodgy data out there, but they are not examples of problems with the current process.

My in-laws, both long gone, had errors on their passports from dodgy data.

Tell me that in January 2023 as the GQP is sworn into control over the House and Senate.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available