Manafort Impresses Prison Buds With Tales Of Breaking Mueller Plea Deal In New Book

Former 2016 Trump Campaign Chairman Paul Manafort arranged for transcripts of his plea hearings to be sent to federal prison to prove to inmates that he wasn’t a “rat,” he wrote in a forthcoming book.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1427051
1 Like

“To them, Trump should have made sure the family was taken care of — that I wasn’t in jail anymore.”

Weird that Manafort writes about what a good gangster he was for boss Trump, but maybe even weirder that he includes the judgment of his fellow prisoners/gangsters that Trump was a lousy mob boss.

34 Likes

I hope that TPM didn’t pay ANY money for this “memoir” (there would be a loss of respect there), and I’m sorry you were forced to read it, Josh K

16 Likes

Nothing will impress your prison buddies like a large tube of KY Jelly Paulie gyrl.

Lube up and prepare to be…

impressed…

3 Likes

Feels like I’m walking around in an episode of the Sopranos. And I very much need a shower.

14 Likes

Too bad those transcripts got there before Billie J got to shiv him.

4 Likes

I’ve said it before, and hopefully this is the last time I have to say it, but Paul Manafort can go kick a rock.

10 Likes

As if we need a more proof the Trump was treated and acted like like an organized crime boss. No wonder he was so supplicant to Putin, the boss of bosses.

20 Likes

In cleaner times these two top alumni of Lee Atwater’s dirty tricks team – Paul Manafort and Roger Stone – would have disappeared into a concrete pour years ago instead of plaguing everyone with their continuing existence.

14 Likes

After reading this I don’t doubt the important information she gave the J6 Hearings was truthful and sincere but the disgust for TFG she emoted seems contrary to her testimony. I guess she needed a job……after resigning the WH. Maybe it was the ketchup splatters that upset her sensibilities.

Cassidy Hutchinson—a one-time Trump administration aide who gave bombshell testimony before the House committee investigating the Capitol riots—continued to work for the former president for nine weeks after he left office, government records obtained by Insider show. Hutchinson, a former aide to ex-chief of staff Mark Meadows, became a key witness during the Jan. 6 hearings after she delivered searing testimony against Trump, saying he was responsible for rallying the mob just before the riots and even “lunged” at a Secret Service agent he wanted to drive him to the Capitol. “As an American, I was disgusted. It was unpatriotic. It was un-American. We were watching the Capitol building get defaced over a lie. And it was something that was really hard in that moment to digest knowing what I’d been hearing down the hall in the conversations that were happening,” she testified June 28. According to federal documents, Hutchinson worked for Trump from Virginia, not Florida, where the former president was staying. It’s unclear what she did in her “coordinator” role, but it earned her a taxpayer-funded annualized pay of $90,000, records show.

18 Likes

Imagine that. Manafort discovers that there are some other unsavory characters in prison

14 Likes

What isn’t surprising is that he seemed to fall right in with them.

13 Likes

I don’t give one shit about hearing anything regarding Paul Manafort except the news of his death.

31 Likes

It really feels like Manafort is treating his fellow inmates like he’s a European colonialist on a foray into the “savage” African jungle. At first, he wanted to pretend he was better than his fellow inmates, “I refused to respect him…” (I guess the “I want to talk to your manager” ploy didn’t go over so well, since he was quickly trying to prove he could play ball in the end, “I’m not a rat! Here’s proof.”).

19 Likes

“Billie Jean is not my lover. He’s just a con that claims I am the one.”

4 Likes

Gangsters gotta gangst.

3 Likes

I hate the fact that he got away with it.

13 Likes

That’s about $16, 750.00 for 9 nine weeks. Not bad at all, but looks like she had the fucker pay her for looking for another job. Which, probably wasn’t easy with current listing on her resume. Doesn’t bother me at this point.

15 Likes

Manafart.

2 Likes

I am willing to accept news of his painful, unending suffering.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available