Manafort Client Laid Foundation For Theory At Center Of Trump’s Pressure Campaign | Talking Points Memo

One of Paul Manafort’s clients in Ukraine appears to have laid the foundation for theories of Ukrainian interference in the 2016 election that are now at the heart of President Trump’s pressure campaign on Kyiv, according to an FBI interview released on Friday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1285492
1 Like

OT

“A judge on Friday sentenced former Rep. Chris Collins (R-N.Y.), an early and staunch ally of President Donald Trump, to 26 months in prison after he pleaded guilty last September to conspiracy to commit securities fraud.”

A photo is worth a thousand words.

28 Likes

So their attempt to lie about Biden is revenge for telling the truth about Manafort. Got it.

42 Likes

Wow.

Not just for the story, but for the reporting.

Come for the comments but stay for Kovensky!

41 Likes

Exactly. The revelation of Manafort’s corruption equaled an attack on Trump,- even if it was completely true and had implications for Ukraine’s internal politics. It’s the thinking of a two-year-old: everything is about him. Trump never advanced beyond that stage…

36 Likes

That would be the PRO-RUSSIA Party of Regions that Manafort worked for. It’s always raised a red flag that Manafort—who was deeply in debt to one of Putin’s oligarchs—claimed to be donating all his time and energy to getting Trump elected.

28 Likes

Wasn’t potty trained either

7 Likes

Call me paranoid, but I’m imagining an impeached president being reelected as the result of a possible SCOTUS decision

The court’s decision to settle the question in its current term, which ends in June, allows it to act without knowing which candidate in the 2020 election could benefit from its ruling.

Every four years, weeks after Election Day, the members of the Electoral College cast the actual votes for president. Many states have laws requiring electors to pledge that they will support the winner of the state’s popular vote, but electors occasionally go rogue.

The votes of only 10 “faithless electors” could have changed the outcomes in five of the previous 58 presidential elections. In the 2000 election, for instance, George W. Bush beat Al Gore by five electoral votes.

14 Likes

The old TV soap operas were so much easier to follow than the tRump soaps. My head hurts!

5 Likes

Wasn’t Manafort communicating to people from his jail cell? I seem to recall this. Manafort wants a pardon and would help in this effort to smear both Hillary and Biden if it pleased Trump

5 Likes

Excellent sleuthing and reporting! Hat tip, Josh K.

8 Likes

If he hadn’t hired a person who committed crimes in Ukraine as his campaign manager, then there wouldn’t have been an investigation of “his campaign manager.” It would have been an investigation of “a private citizen.” But of course, as you said, it was all about him!

13 Likes

How can it be that everyone two degree removed from Bloatus is in jail or has been indicted yet Bloatus is clean?

I don’t know any of these people ™ :lying_face:

I have beautiful pictures of me with many people ™ :sweat:

So unfair ™ :pensive:

15 Likes

OT but new document dump shows frequent contact between Parnas and a top Nunes aide RUH ROH.

28 Likes

It’s funny what Trump does and does not consider interference in the 2016 election, isn’t it?

12 Likes

His lawyer argued no benefit to locking up the 69 year old POS.

I’m benefitting immensely from knowing he’s going to jail. They’re just greedy pigs, don’t think, don’t care, just take take take. I wish we could swap out half of the people in prison currently for all these greedy gop pigs. The world would be a lot better place.

16 Likes

Tell you, swap out just the ones there for selling a bag of weed and it might be about half. Madness.

21 Likes

Trump is looking for an excuse to pardon Manafort… Putin wants Manafort out so he can repay those oligarchs who will send their tithes to Putin
Manafort says in this interview that he’s sure he was being intercepted before July 2016…

2 Likes

Agreed, Kovensky is killing it. When he goes on to fame and glory like so many others, hopefully he’ll remember TPM fondly.

15 Likes

OT, but hilarious proof that Jared IS Slenderman…

7 Likes