Man Toting ‘Unauthorized’ Inauguration Pass And Loaded Gun Arrested In D.C. | Talking Points Memo

The U.S. Capitol Police arrested a Virginia man on Friday as he tried to use an unauthorized credential to pass through a police checkpoint with a loaded gun and 500 rounds of ammunition, authorities said.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1355047
1 Like

Oh come on eh! He can’t be all bad.

/s

12 Likes

It’s the 16th not the 17th or 20th, dotard. No wonder the insurrection didn’t accomplish anything but hurt the Republican Party.

12 Likes

”Beeler reportedly told them he had a Glock semi-automatic pistol. According to the Times, upon searching the vehicle, police said they recovered the loaded weapon, in addition to 509 rounds of ammunition and 21 shotgun shells.”

Settle down now.

It’s not like BLM marched near a gated community in St. Louis or anything.

101 Likes

The WP version of this story has his family claiming he is contract security for the inauguration, and reports he’s been released on bond by a judge.

21 Likes

Let’s hope they’re all this dumb. Bet his “pass” said, “Wesley is arthurized.”

21 Likes

Beeler?

If it said Boebert he would have gotten a tour.

17 Likes

Here we go

4 Likes

The unauthorized inauguration pass is really scary. How genuine did it look?

17 Likes

With twenty thousand- or more National Guard roaming the grounds on Inauguration Day…how many will actually know what to look for?

Better have Biden and Harris BEHIND Bullet-proof Shields just like Obama was…and The POPE.

21 Likes

Why can’t we have Swiss Guards, like they have in the Vatican City? The uniform is distinctive, so no need for a pass.

5 Likes

Beeler reportedly told them he had a Glock semi-automatic pistol

Can’t watch history in the making without a Glock at hand to protect himself from an oppressive government.

27 Likes

IT WAS REAL- according to the report. He just wasn’t on anyone’s list.

13 Likes

If he is former military will they slap him on the wrist and send him home with a cookie?

The Zip-Tie commando from the floor assault, the one with the Princess Leah helmet, got sent home for some easy R&R, by a sympathetic judge with a HUGE mancrush on the perp for being such a solid military guy.

According to the inordinately friendly judge, Benedict Rambo gets to hang out at home until his trial.

So, how does this Zip-Tie guy’s military record qualify him for leniency, am I nuts or something to think that should compound both his guilt AND his punishment?

HOW CAN THAT BE A REASON TO LET HIM OFF EASY FOR NOW?

WHY IS IT NOT CAUSE FOR GREAT CONCERN AND EXTRA VIGILANCE FOR ANY JUDGE ENTRUSTED WITH THE CASE?

I mean to yell.

is this judge swimming with the sharks?

Somebody needs to explain why they think because this terrorist guy is military, it somehow makes him a bubba.

THAT MAKES NO SENSE!!!

I think it makes him that much more a traitor, and MUCH more of a danger.

Consider this.

He used his training to commit insurrection and lead others to do even worse.

He may not have swung the extinguisher when it struck but he gave aid to the person who did just by his presence and by extension of shared malicious intent.

To put it bluntly, how many stupid street-fools followed his experienced army ass into THE PEOPLE’S HOUSE?!?!?!?

HOW IS THIS GUY’S MILITARY RECORD A GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD???

HE BELONGS IN THE BRIG!!!

This is just NUTS!!!

54 Likes

File under “four seasons”

Link:

28 Likes

I don’t believe it. 500 rounds? In a pig’s eye.

17 Likes

Of course, and no doubt with his gun and all his ammo. After all, what is he going to do, launch an insurrection?

16 Likes

that just the ten percent visible force, in today’s world used as a distraction from the actual security. from what I understand the Swiss Guard is very well respected in security circles.

8 Likes

Yes, it’s effing nuts. Sends the worst possible message.

8 Likes

I believe that we should never forget that these types of events (associated with undemocratic regimes) have never happened in modern political history. And the main factor is Donald Trump.

1948,1952,1956,1960,1964,1968,1972,1976,1980,1984,1988,1992,1996,2000,2004,2008,

Besides the cruelty, savagery and bestiality of this, the normalization of it is grating.

And what do I mean by “normalization”? Looking at Republican Senators against a guilty plea on Trump’s Impeachment Trial like they are political leaders, interested in the Rule of Law…even toying with the idea of guilty being an “issue”.

21 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available