Mail Delays Threaten Late Arrival Of Runoff Ballots In Atlanta | Talking Points Memo

Mail delays in Atlanta are threatening to disenfranchise thousands of voters who mailed ballots in the all-important Senate runoffs in Georgia this week, NBCLX reported late Monday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1352097

I don’t think there are all that many mail-in ballots this time around. With all the brouhaha around mail in ballots about the signatures and whatnot, everybody that I have talked to decided to vote early instead.

9 Likes

“But an increase in mail in December amid the holidays complicated those efforts.”

No offense to Ms. Richards, but I’m beginning to wish the word “amid” could be stricken from the language.

6 Likes

Problems at the post office should not infringe on democracy and the rights of individuals. I think a court would agree.

14 Likes

I hate what republicans have done to this country. It’s like watching the bullies in a some coming-of-age movie win over and over again.

20 Likes

5 Likes

Don’t know why anyone would be skeptical about the mail getting there on time, why it only took two weeks for a card to go from VA to VT and it’s now been 2 weeks and a package has yet to arrive in RI from VA. Meanwhile, no problem in mail going from east to west coasts.

5 Likes

The brainwashing is total and complete. I have relatives that are blaming foreign aid in the current budget on Biden. I can’t even fathom the degree of stupidity they have wrapped themselves in.

21 Likes

A USPS spokesperson told NBCLX that a deluge of December mail had affected “scores of all products,” but maintained that “Election Mail and ballots have always been prioritized and are performing well above other product lines.”

Before I’d believe this in the current environment, I’d have to know if this spokesperson is a tool and, if so, whose tool they are.

13 Likes

After the debacle of mail in voting in November, I can only deduce that this is deliberate.

10 Likes

Hell, it took 10 days to move a total of 3 miles all within the same postal zone. The mailer inquired with PO and was told all mail was required to go to an out of state sorting facility before being returned to the originating PO.

7 Likes

“Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups.”

4 Likes

I may have to stop reading the news today - I am already starting to feel my blood pressure shooting up and I haven’t even had my coffee yet.

The mail - please, not the mail. I forgot about the damned DeJoy post office.

5 Likes

No detail left undone. Mess with anything accessible. The chaos he and his acolytes will create in every part of government they can access in the next 15 days will make the enormous damage already done even harder to unravel.
We won’t know the scope of the harm done for years - assuming we still have a democracy that permits histories and analyses of past actions to be published.

10 Likes

I live in rural Colorado and a year or more ago our sorting position was cut to save money. All mail must now go to Denver to be sorted and back. It can take 4 days for local mail to be delivered.

8 Likes

And the worst thing is that 46% of the population is cool with cheering on the bad guys.

8 Likes

Georgians, we implore you: “Never mind the noise in the market, just you mind the price of the fish.” In other words, if you have not voted already, please bundle up and go vote FOR ALL OF US today. Please.
We love y’all…

15 Likes

This isn’t just an election, it’s a war, and the bad guys are in charge of all of the rules of engagement.

3 Likes

Maybe Donald has DeJoy piling up mail in ballots at the border to reinforce his crumbling wall.

2 Likes

Louis DeJoy needs to face a grand jury for mail tampering and self-dealing.

Lock him up! Lock him up!

5 Likes