MAGA Mail Bomber Cesar Sayoc Sentenced To 20 Years | Talking Points Memo

MAGA mail bomber Cesar Sayoc was sentenced to 20 years prison in Manhattan federal court on Monday for mailing a series of pipe bombs to prominent liberals and others in the weeks before the 2018 midterms.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1240549

#Winning

1 Like

Eligible for parole when???
Let’s hope that his hero doesn’t give him a pardon.
Or a cabinet position.

4 Likes

So much winning g I’m sick of winning.

1 Like

Never, because the federal justice system has no such creature. He will serve a minimum of ~85% of his sentence.

The internet never gets this right. Drives me crazy.

17 Likes

And, I’m sure he’ll get the best mental health treatment while in prison so when he’s out he will be transformed. /s

11 Likes

Honestly, I feel a tiny bit bad for the guy. He’s clearly got a lot of screws bigly loose. But yeah, our system isn’t going to make him any better.

9 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

“We believe that the President’s rhetoric contributed to Mr. Sayoc’s actions in this offense,” one defense attorney told the judge at sentencing.

This should be the headline.

17 Likes

I also feel a little bad for him and prison is not going to help his condition.

4 Likes

Another American patriot railroaded by the Deep State.

I am sure Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity will cry bitter tears of sympathy concerning his fate on FoxNews tonight.

9 Likes

Asshole got a light sentence due to the Trump Twinkie defense

9 Likes

the president’s rhetoric certainly contributed to the defendant’s decision to turn his van into a propaganda mobile.

5 Likes

What? I thought he was arrested in South Florida.

You mean Florida doesn’t have a “Stand Your Trump” law?

5 Likes

Another pardon on it’s way.
Trump needs his vote.

1 Like

8 Likes

In making the decision, Rakoff appears to have given weight to defense arguments that Sayoc did not intend for the bombs he sent to detonate.

Someday (very soon, I hope), Chiselin’ Trump will use a similar defense of not intending for his verbal bombs to incite violence.

4 Likes

He isn’t going to prison for his benefit. It’s for the rest of us.

12 Likes

“though it’s possible that it’s a life sentence, he got lucky, because the judge agreed that he’s crazy.”

k

2 Likes

Twenty years seems like a ridiculously low sentence for someone who attempted to murder current and former lawmakers, presidents, their families, the staff who would open such packages, mail carriers, etc. and used the UPSP to do so.

He should have been sentenced to life.

9 Likes