Lower-Than-Expected Turnout At Comeback Rally Leaves Trump Fuming

NEW YORK (AP) — President Donald Trump’s return to the campaign trail was designed to show strength and enthusiasm heading into the critical final months before an election that will decide whether he remains in the White House.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1316155

Womp womp!

Where’s Sean Spicer when you need him?!!

16 Likes

In which even the AP finally just gives the fuck up on all hope of being able to fit this race into a breathless tight as a tick too close to call big comback pure process narrative.

68 Likes

Trump’s next rally will be in a small town middle school gym, with half of the bleachers removed. EVERY seat will be taken!!! (Handing out a few dollars will ensure that, BTW.)

13 Likes

They do seem … slightly disgusted.

But it’s the AP. I’m not counting them out just yet!

19 Likes

The reality is he’s firmly in the “fat Elvis stage” and everyone hates Trump and won’t bother to go see him even when tickets are free.

34 Likes

Near a trailer park.

6 Likes

“members of Trump’s inner circle angrily questioned how campaign manager Brad Parscale and other senior aides could so wildly overpromise and underdeliver, according to the officials.”

That is the MO of the entire administration. It is what Trump does. How could they not learn from him?

34 Likes

40 Likes

I did not expect this story. I remember January 2017.

I expected a Reince Priebus-esque affirmation from Team Trump that there were 20,000 people at the Tulsa Rally.

5 Likes

“It’s unclear when Trump will hold his next rally.”

Huh?

33 Likes

While Biden was in his basement, @realDonaldTrump had 5.3 MILLION+ viewers tune in to his rally.

If Team Biden can ever figure out how to live stream, the media should broadcast it all in its full incoherence.

There will be no enthusiasm, and voters won’t like what they see!

— Ronna McDaniel (@GOPChairwoman) June 21, 2020

I tuned in to watch Trump fail

— 🐾Liberal Puppy🐾 (@liberalpuppy) June 21, 2020
21 Likes
12 Likes

It’s like watching a fatter Hindenburg crash and burn on a replay loop.

I give it a “10”.

34 Likes

He’ll need to go on “The Biggest Loser” to rehabilitate his image.

5 Likes

Are you absolutely sure Trump’s not going to try to have Mcenany state the rally was full? He may even run 10 feet down a 3 degree ramp to do so!

2 Likes

Oh, the huge manatee!

53 Likes

President @realDonaldTrump displayed tonight his incredible drive, understanding of the history and principles that made America great. Masterful! Unleashed! Winning message!! @JoeBiden cannot match this. Game on!

— Jeff Sessions (@jeffsessions) June 21, 2020
6 Likes

Viewers get transfixed by a number of things…

• disasters
  • epic unrest
  • COVID
  • Trump’s babbling
7 Likes

What a suck-up. Too late, Beauregard.

19 Likes