Lousiana GOP Rebukes Cassidy For Reversal Vote On Constitutionality Of Trump’s Impeachment | Talking Points Memo

An unexpected reversal from Republican Sen. Bill Cassidy (LA) over the constitutionality of former President Donald Trump’s impeachment drew ire from the state’s Republican Party on Tuesday, with party leaders quickly issuing a statement to criticize the move.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1359225
1 Like

Why are Republicans so afraid of integrity?

Is it because they’re so unfamiliar with it?

31 Likes

Louisiana Republicans, so close and yet so far:

“an attack on the very foundation of American democracy, which will have far reaching and unforeseen consequences for our republic”

19 Likes

More disarray. I’ve been waiting for decades to see Republicans fall apart this way.

14 Likes

Attack? Are they talking about Fort Sumter? I’m so confused…

10 Likes

It’s like Fourth Grade with these guys.

21 Likes

This is becoming comical. What state is next? I put my money on Utah, after Romney votes to convict.

7 Likes

IIRC, Cassidy was formerly a Democrat. Funny how his integrity finally broke through the GQP crust.

7 Likes

It is interesting how local GQP groups are so quick to rebuke Republicans who break with Trump. The party really does belong to Donald Trump, lock, stock and barrel.

21 Likes

Confirmation that it shall be party loyalty over evidence and the constitution as far as the Republicans are concerned. We should all be happy to see the GOP tear itself to shreds if we want to preserve our republic. I’m hopeful to see if any integrity immerges from the ashes.

8 Likes

The Top 3

1. Zealous Commitment to the Leader
  2. Dissent is Discouraged
  3. Mind Altering Practices are Used
18 Likes

"Forget it, Jake, it’s Louisiana."

7 Likes

I’m not sure the GOP are falling into disarray as much as it’s coalescing around what was started by Nixon, Reagan, the Bushes and came into full swing under Rump. They have been heading this way and their true identity is simply being revealed and supported openly.

I don’t see the GOP dyeing but rather morphing into something uglier then they were before.

14 Likes

So which is it? We couldn’t charge Trump because he was the President, now we can’t charge him because he’s no longer President. The GQP is still peddling BS and I’m sure I’m not alone when I say I’ve had enough.

12 Likes

I’m all for that…:wink:

3 Likes

Local Republican groups are as close as a group can get to the grass-roots, consist largely of “Tea Party” types, and hear from the Q hordes every day.

18 Likes

Just “bee” sure it’s chemical in nature & not from the end of a glowing screen.

5 Likes

It implies that the lower you are on the political hierarchy the more desperate you are for a deep attachment to the Cult Leader. The emotional high compensates for the reality of what a meaningless peon you actually are. (Maximum Disappointment to come.)

7 Likes

5 Likes

19 Likes