Lofgren Dismisses Oath Keepers Leader’s Offer To Testify

Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) on Sunday dismissed Oath Keeper founder Stewart Rhodes’ offer to testify before the Jan. 6 Select Committee as a “pitch to be released” from jail.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1423442
1 Like

Oath Keepers… a ring around Rhodes collar.

26 Likes

a “pitch to be released.”

You are cold, Zoe Lofgren. Cold.

I love it.

45 Likes

Mr. Rhodes may have to come to the full understanding of what lies ahead if convicted of ‘seditious conspiracy’.

Actions do and should have consequences.

Don’t get me started on the list of members on Congress who should be next on the list.

49 Likes

What is mildly amusing to me is that Rhodes and Bannon believe they are smarter than the J 6 committee and its staff of lawyers.

Rep. Lofgren didn’t mince words.

Well, I don’t want to go into all the details. But I think this is a pitch to get out of — get-out-of-jail-free card for Mr. Rhodes

38 Likes

Please allow him to testify before the Committee as long as he provides proof that he is not an lying asshole.

3 Likes

Rhodes is a dangerous criminal insurrectionist. If he testifies, it should be from the jail cell he currently occupies.

37 Likes

Hot damn, Tuesday’s hearing will be another couple of jaw dropping hours!

“ …the panel to “connect the dots” between extremist groups and those in government circles who sought to overturn the election.”

22 Likes

TFG can’t pardon your assteroids Mr. Rhoades because he’s no longer Pres, no matter what the GQP successionist say. And the DOJ is no longer run by cover-up General Barr.

You are going down you seditionist POS. Sucks to be you.

32 Likes

So a Yalie is being dragged under by his own uneducated patriot followers? Sounds biblical.
Any bible thumpers here care to pitch in?

14 Likes

So in other words, he’ll never leave jail😂

11 Likes

This is in reality an offer by Rhodes to portray himself as a political prisoner while asserting the 5th to every question after, “What is your name?”

28 Likes

“Who shot your eye out?” would be a good question right after that.

30 Likes

Asked whether Trump was aware that far-right militia groups were in the mob he urged to go to the Capitol hours before the insurrection, Lofgren replied said that “would be a logical conclusion” based on the events leading up to Jan. 6.

A tacit admission that the conclusion has no GOP support beyond Cheney and Kinzinger.

13 Likes

Win!

3 Likes

I wonder if he plays a lot of Monopoly in prison? This is not a person who should ever be let out of prison, and if/when he is, I hope they give him a one-way bus ticket (with guaranteed delivery) to Wasilla, Alaska, c/o Sarah Palin.

6 Likes

I’ve been hospitalized and am hoping to be discharged Tuesday— but not till after the hearing!!

37 Likes

Seriously? :scream:

7 Likes

Be well…

21 Likes

If Rhodes wants to testify, he will have opportunites in coming criminal trials.

21 Likes