Loeffler Suggests She May Contest Trump’s Electoral College Loss | Talking Points Memo

Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-GA) on Wednesday signaled that she was open to objecting to the certification of Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1351592
1 Like

Actually Loeffler will be in the Senate (as she is serving as a governor-appointed replacement) unless and until Warnock is confirmed as having won the 2021 special election runoff.

Perdue, on the other hand, won’t be there (unless somehow the governor determines that he should be appointed to fill the vacancy created when his term ends on January 3).

24 Likes

“Everything’s on the table right now,” Loeffler said.

Like selling your soul to the devil?

47 Likes

For whom dumb blonde jokes were intended.

21 Likes

Done, and done.

14 Likes

“He fought for us” is one of the stupidest things anyone has said in all the Trump mess.
The only thing they had that Trump fought for was the blind grievance of privilege somehow denied.
Somewhere along the way, they just didn’t get enough and someone has to answer for it.
That is all they have.
Everything from their racism to their fiscal hypocrisy is now leveraged for that one purpose, pitted against our very future and the hopes we all share for an equitable and abundant America, just to exercise those nameless demons of resentment.
They need to be exorcised, not exercised.

62 Likes

And now this becomes THE litmus test of A True GOPer. Anyone not supporting the destruction of the democratic process will be branded Anti-American. Let that sink in for a minute.

39 Likes

why not … appears she has sold most everything else

11 Likes

Susan Collins knows how she’ll vote on January 6th if this is contested. No, she doesn’t. Yes, she does. No, she doesn’t! Does too!! Does not!!

41 Likes

How sweet. They can hook up for a jailbreak in the federal penitentiary they’re both headed for.

2 Likes

This is going to be a hoot when it turns into the snowball rolling downhill, no one wants left behind, and about 30 Senators object to the Electoral College tally.

7 Likes

Great post!! I too find it beyond amusing when Don the Con says he “fought for us”.

The only fight he is involved in is continuing his scams and keeping out of jail.

Oh the fools that follow this scammer…

17 Likes

Pander harder, hairball.

So what’s the difference between this woman and Little Marco? Apart from her having enough hair left for a combo combover, and her breaking the 5’6" barrier without lifts?

7 Likes

Been going on since the Dubya days, it’s just that now they don’t even fake being subtle about it.

5 Likes

Excuse me but, god I hate her hair.
:confounded:

8 Likes

“Everything’s on the table right now” is Trump acolytespeak for “We got NUTHIN!”
Lest we forget, up is down and white is black and all good things are now evil.

15 Likes

But. If you’re a mega millionaire like Loeffler I’d say yes, he did.

15 Likes

So, Mitch starting to lose control of not only his actual caucus, but his vapor caucus too.

24 Likes

Ouch! :slight_smile: (not that I disagree!)
Seriously though, this pandering needs to be called out by her opponents as the pathetic weakness it is. It’s one of the paradoxes of Trumpism – you can’t go against the boss because he’ll attack you, but if you slavishly change your positions to go along with him you come across as a giant wimp (or “cuck” as they would put it). The Trump acolytes who have been publicly backing him forever can largely get away with this, but the Rubio’s and Loeffler’s of the world just look like idiots.

8 Likes

4 Likes