LIVEBLOG: The Nevada Democratic Debate | Talking Points Memo

But how can his programs be the antithesis of her programs if he’s copying her?

And I still have not seen any good explanation of why that was done.

4 Likes

Liz Warren, not Lennie Warren, is my take on it.

I have to agree.

The unflinching sincerity is real (as it were), but equally real, far less sincere, and noxious as hell will be the Republican cries of “Commie” and so forth.

4 Likes

@castor_troy is the best bet. “If you thought Trump was fun, just wait for the next four years™.”

4 Likes

They won’t have to work very hard at it. You’ve seen the “Moscow Honeymoon” video of Sanders, right? (I won’t link it here).

2 Likes

I am most tempted by the “centrist/down-ticket” argument but even then … who to vote for? Biden, I guess. But I just wince thinking about casting that vote. Is that it? Is it Biden?

2 Likes

Naw, that one’s Bloomberg, he’s the Biden swap-out.

1 Like

Oy vey.

3 Likes

@castor_troy has obligations here, not in the presidential campaign (although there is substantial write-in fervor).

3 Likes

They are reacting out of fear. It comes in handy when it is reflexive I.E. when someone takes a swing a you. Stupid when you have months to work it out.

How about this link?:

Can you imagine…a guy who just had a fucking heart attack is asking us to trust him when he says he’s just fine and ok now? Yeah, I don’t think so. Besides, I’ve seen this shit before and it didn’t go very well for us. We got stuck with a mental case nutjob that should have had a full psychiatric workup on top of a full regular physical. Dr. Feelgood told us he was a perfect specimen of presidential material and look what that got us.

8 Likes

You’re presuming I’m not up on that debate stage (hint, might be the young handsome dude there, or at least the version of him that likes chicks).

2 Likes

It’s about as damning as the fact that Bill Clinton had also visited the Soviet Union a while before running for the presidency.

In 1988 when the Sanders trip occurred, US-Soviet relations were changing sharply. At almost exactly the same time as the video was being filmed, Reagan himself was visiting with Gorbachev in Moscow.

Will the Republicans somehow use the video if Sanders is the nominee? Presumably, yes. Will their effort baffle and bamboozle too many morons? Yes, I’m sure it will.

3 Likes

I’d like to see H.I. McDunnough on the debate stage.

1 Like

Chicks, huh. Do guys still call women chicks?

8 Likes

Bros do :thinking:

2 Likes

In the Latin world (of some of my youth) young muchachos who were caribenos especially called themselves chicos. The young caribenos also called themselves tigres.

As a young bebop jazz musician in the late 1960s and early 1970s, the term cat was an honor for me that I never thought I would ever attain in my vanilla Military Brat childhood.

2 Likes

For a split second I thought you were talking about Eagleton and was about to defend him.
Yeah, that probably gives away my ballpark age.

6 Likes

Only the ones that call me “daddy-o.“

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available