‘Like A Coward’: Officer Who Risked His Life On Jan. 6 Describes Snub From GOP Rep | Talking Points Memo

Who cares? Clyde is as Fanone describes him. Clyde is nothing but a low-life coward.

2 Likes

Andrew Clyde is a gun dealer, born on November 22, 1963. Wut ?

Rep. Clyde is more than a coward. He is a sleazy little piece of human garbage.

Since Dear Leader’s daughter didn’t even let her secret service detail use one of their 6 bathrooms, this behavior is not much of a surprise.
They are there to be shot at because your hide is more precious.

1 Like

“Like” a coward?

I never get tired of that question. Have you written ABC, CBS and NBC and told them they need to keep their coverage factual and not just parrot Republican messaging? They need to know viewers care.

3 Likes

I don’t think the babies would mind that.

3 Likes

you vixen, you

4 Likes

Many snubs aren’t newsworthy. This one is for the reason you indicate. It’s a kind of high-water mark of hypocrisy and denial about the meaning of the incident from a party that fetishizes authority in all its forms.

4 Likes

As far as I can tell young people instinctively mistrust him. I remember my own youth when, as a vulnerable person, you saw a threat for what it was. Cats are the same way. I don’t think any halfway alert cat would be in a room with Trump. It would absent itself until that braying voice had been gone for a goodly length of time.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Clyde is a filthy human being. That is all.

1 Like

Well this wasn’t the one I was looking for…it’s better.

1 Like

I would yell at him in the airport. Maybe throw something.

I mean really network reporters how much breaking new can you rely on getting from these 01/06/21 deniers?
They don’t ask the embarrassing questions because they want access.

2 Likes

Officer Fanone: It’s called calculated or studied rudeness and it’s a potent expression of hate or contempt. If he spit on you he could have not shown more dislike.

1 Like

“…Fanone — who was beaten unconscious and suffered a concussion as well as a mild heart attack after voluntarily responding to the breaching of the Capitol on Jan. 6 — expressed his dismay…”

Wow. Who does Fanone think he is, Susan Collins? So much dismay!

The vast majority of Capitol Police were and are Trump-voting ball washers. They are being treated like bitches by those they continue to support, who will likely continue to ignore them and all be reelected next year, while they play victims on the news and whine about “those politicians”.

If they wanted to these cops could seize the narrative and shut the place down tomorrow till further notice, but they won’t because many failed at their jobs, fail to demand anything of their leadership, or the Republicans they vote for, and in my opinion deserve the treatment they’re getting.

once the elevator doors opened, the GOP lawmaker “ran as quickly as he could, like a coward.”

I would like to say worse things about Clyde, but “coward” is the most precisely exact diagnosis of Clyde’s behavior. The English language has nothing that fits better.

This makes me want to shake Officer Fanone’s hand.

1 Like

This is an add-on: like I said Ms. Garza said she and Ofc Sicknick were huge (used the word HUGE) Trump supporters; Ofc Fanone also said he voted for Trump.

NOW they all appeared pissed. But my point is that NONE of this is surprising and/or inexplicable. I would like to ask both Garza and Fanone WHY they voted for Trump, what of his policies did they find ‘correct’ for dealing with America’s issues.

I guess nothing is harder than a supporter who finds out s/he was believing in an archetypal Golden Calf.

Nobody asks that; what did/do you like about Trump? Would they vote for him again? Is it just his followers (that he unleashed) that upset them? I want to understand what “I” see as cognitive dissonance. It’s like they never knew ‘really’ what Trump ‘was’ or ‘what he stands for.’ It’s odd to me.

I’m from NM now (love it love it love it DO NOT MOVE HERE) and I heard about the riot when we first came. I had never heard that all of the officers were now on the permanently disabled list. Thank you for that bit of info.

I ‘believe’ that the two suicided CapCops did so because of the riot. It’s like we all seem to think that people just ‘walk away’ from this shit.

And NOW we have the perps all saying “I was misled” or yesterday’s “the cop dissed me so I attacked him” was the low-point for me. Wonder if anybody can go after his military/police pensions? He has/had NO IDEA of how this country works/is set up to work. His screaming, YOU WORK FOR ME, um NO. THEY WORK FOR THE MUNICIPALITY. He brought that shit down from New York City; he should’ve kept it there.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available