Life on a Block With an Emergency Morgue Truck: ‘We Hear the Hum of the Refrigerator Going All Night Long’ | Talking Points Memo

More MAGA rallies! Might as well clean the gene pool. A two-fer!

1 Like

But they interact with other folks, and they breed. My wish is mass sterilization of that crowd.

1 Like

This is heartbreaking. Each bundle in a body bag or sheet is a loved one, a parent, a father brother mother or sister. At the end of our lives we are truly just a shell, but the folks that move these bodies will be scarred for life. The leadership in the country that contributed to needless death should witness this and then rot in hell when their time comes.

9 Likes

Sadly, yes. It’s been baked in for a long time. But I never thought it would be embodied by a person as stupid, ugly, and malformed as Trump or a political party as thoroughly corrupt and vile as the current Republican party. No one is trying to pretend to care among that crowd. Now that I think of it, maybe all they have been capable of is pretense to cover the corruption, but I could use a little pretense of humanity from the Republican party and their oligarch paymasters about now. I guess all those white Republican men fakers are dead. See e.g., Mitt Romney - The living and walking dead.

6 Likes

Last night I was arguing with a few folks on Twitter who were looking straight at bodies being loaded on one of these trucks and saying they didn’t see what everyone else saw. One guy took it on himself to “call bullshit” on it. Another said she was nobody’s fool and would question “information that’s put out that doesn’t make sense.” I honestly don’t know what to say about people who watch bodies being loaded onto refrigerator trucks and say things like that. YOU ARE LOOKING AT MASS DEATH. I understand it’s threatening. I understand it’s a little too real. I understand it’s not a good look for a president you’d prefer to think only good thoughts about. BUT IT’S REAL. Fucking deal with it.

10 Likes

Arlington Cemetery was built on Robert E. Lee’s land, in retribution for the deaths he caused.

Maybe we should tear down Trump Tower and replace it with a memorial to the victims of Trump’s folly.

3 Likes

There are those that still post memes about Hillary and Nancy and get all wound up about Rachel Maddow commenting on how long it will take the Comfort to arrive in NYC. All bullcrap. They can’t deal with the reality in front of them so they go back to the bowels of teapartybirthertrumpyville where they feel safe and comfy. Until this hits them, and then it’s Obamas fault. Truly sad.

5 Likes

Nah. Given the number of older Americans this will effect, it should be Mar-a-Lago. We could do like Arlington, start burying folks there…

3 Likes

The National Cemeteries were filling up quickly back in the happier times BC (Before Covid 19.) Golf courses make lovely cemeteries. Let’s get that eminent domain thing going.

4 Likes

It was never their strong point. : (

1 Like

I’m afraid we’re still just on the opening credits of this horror movie.

4 Likes

Textbook denial. Right out of psych 101.

2 Likes

Trump Trailers

1 Like

And maybe Donny could finally get a chance to drive one of them big rigs for real.

2 Likes

I’d be happier if he was an occupant in back, rather than the driver, but that’s just me…

2 Likes

We’re still out front buying the tickets and popcorn…

1 Like

I was thinking along the lines of: Does he even know how to drive anything other than a golf cart? Because for sure he’d screw up royally at the wheel of a tractor-trailer combo, and things could get ugly fast. And none of those fancy over the road sleeper cabs to provide any crush zone from the back.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to encourage anyone to spray paint anything on the side of those trucks for two reasons: 1) respect for the deceased and 2) destruction of private property is a crappy thing to do, but man, I sure would pitch in for a couple of large “TRUMP TRUCK” banners that might be placed long enough for a news cycle or two.

1 Like

Shovel them under and let me work.
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:
What place is this?
Where are we now?
I am the grass.
Let me work.
–Carl Sandburg

There will be oceans of urine showered on Trump’s grave, wherever that might be after he shuffles off this mortal coil.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available