Lev Parnas’ Lawyer Claims He Pushed Ukraine For Probe Of Bidens Using Threat Of Aid Freeze | Talking Points Memo

Rudy Giuliani’s associate Lev Parnas told a Ukrainian official in May that unless the country announced an investigation into Joe and Hunter Biden, Mike Pence would not attend the incoming President’s inauguration and the United States would freeze aid funds to Ukraine, Parnas’ lawyer claimed.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1261390
1 Like

Giuliani is going to spend several years and several million dollars cleaning up this mess and attempting to stay out of jail.

34 Likes

I hope that MF and the rest of them fail at that endeavor.

19 Likes

Trump weighs in: “You expect me to keep up with every foreign national who donates a million dollars to my campaign? I hardly know the guy. It’s obvious the donations are part of the DEEP STATE CONSPIRACY!!!”

14 Likes

Vindictive little cocksucker isn’t he ?
Just like you, AMIRITE Trump?

5 Likes

How the hell can Sweet Rudy Blue Eyes not be disbarred for the mountain of unethical/illegal shit he’s guilty of?

20 Likes

I fear people are losing sight of the other “deliverable” Putin’s cock-holster wanted in this extortion scheme: Phony “evidence” that Ukraine was actually behind the hacking of the 2016 election.

The reason this is important is that Toadglans has been working diligently to get sanctions on Russia lifted ever since he was selected. Indeed, it’s the number one “deliverable” Vlad the Inserter is demanding of his stooge in the White(s Only) House.

This is certainly a million times more scandalous than the rest of these myriad blackmail attempts.

36 Likes

Lawyers have to conduct a mass school shooting, rape a baby and burn down a church to get disbarred.

7 Likes

White Republican Lawyers, sure.

3 Likes

And even then, you only get a nasty letter unless you do all three on the same day.

11 Likes

Ghoulsie doesn’t have several million dollars. Only way he can spend that kind of money is if he runs fresh grifts while cleaning up the old ones.

17 Likes

What a stunning coincidence…everyone not named Trump, Rudy or Pompeo are saying the same thing…

15 Likes

It’s a given he has multiple grifts going right now. This Ukraine debacle is just the tip of the iceberg with Giuliani. No doubt he’s dropped Trump’s name in two dozen nations, or more.

6 Likes

Trump will talk and act the same whether he is going down today or six months from now.

8 Likes

All of these events feature the same curious coincidence. Bad things happened, and somehow we are to believe that Trump had no role in them. There is always a Trump-shaped hole in the middle of each of these stories. (If it were possible to extract DNA from them, it would probably point to a single name, with the initials DJT, and no jr. )

18 Likes

And probably six months after that . . . .

2 Likes

I’ve known a number of attorneys in my life and it never ceased to amaze me how well those proverbial “strongly worded” letters usually land with something less than a thud.

Here’s just one example, along with its masterful response. Enjoy:

Fun Fact: This exchange is real, and has been verified by Lawfare Blog, Snopes and the authors themselves.

31 Likes

Giuliani, who did not attend the meeting, told the Times … “categorically, I did not tell him to say that.”

“Specifically, sure, but categorically? Never!”

5 Likes

Especially at that time.

1 Like

I sure hope they folded the response up as a paper airplane.

7 Likes