Lev Parnas Associate Looks Prepared To Change His Plea In Straw Donor Case | Talking Points Memo

NEW YORK (AP) — A change-of-plea hearing is set for Thursday for a man charged with conspiring with associates of Rudy Giuliani, one of President Donald Trump’s lawyers, to make illegal campaign contributions.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1341035

As Parnas was fond of saying, even naming his company…

“FRAUD GUARANTEED”

3 Likes

Guilty plea and a lighter sentence in return for diming on Rudy? May karma decree that it be so.

9 Likes

The hearing for David Correia

Even the smallest flipper can change the course of the future.

3 Likes

I’m disappointed it was the small-timiest of the four. I doubt he can deliver much on ghoulsie. But it does ratchet up the pressure on Parnas and Fruman, who can.

4 Likes

And the course of the present isn’t that great for the bad guys anyway. It’s like “The Wages of Fear,” they’re driving loads of nitroglycerine down some really bad roads. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I never really got that whole subplot straight. All I know is Parnas is a nose-tweaker. But sure, you squeeze some of these louche characters Rudy hangs out with and there’s no telling what you learn.

Fraud Guarantee.

Promise made, promise kept.

Not sure what all the fuss is about.

Honestly, I can’t keep up with the level of criminal activity that surrounds, attaches itself and merges into the criminal enterprise better known as the tRump crime family anymore. There’s just too many of them to count.

Thankfully there are plenty of others willing to keep track of all the degenerates they’ve surrounded themselves with or are associated with, by hook or by crook.

I can only hope a day of reckoning is coming. It’ll be in the hundreds if not the thousands by the time all these con artists are brought up on charges…but that day will come…I hope.

1 Like

IIRC, Correia was part of the nevada pot farm deal, where they were bribing a nevada legislator for some related angle. Correia wasn’t involved in the ukraine shenanigans (manufacture dirt on biden, shake down the premier, sell access to the president, and a fake US charity to benefit a village outside Kyev).

One more detail, apparently the nevada pot farm was to be financed by a russian, named Muraviev. That information was supposed to be under seal, but a defense attorney blurted it open court.

Judge J. Paul Oetken, Obama appointee.

2 Likes

an updated indictment charged Correia and co-defendant Lev Parnas with defrauding investors in a business called Fraud Guarantee

Sometimes, it is hard to blame the grifters when the victims make it soo easy.

Last month, one of his lawyers asked to leave the case and said Correia hadn’t paid him.

The secret to business success: don’t pay your bills

While we are on the subject of Defining Today’s GOP:

According to records from the Oregon Secretary of State and the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters, Turner has voted twice in at least five recent general elections—2010, 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2018—and twice in the 2020 and 2016 primaries.

“Turner” is:

Councilwoman Rowena Turner, who was elected to the Monte Sereno City Council in 2016 and whose current re-election bid is endorsed by the Santa Clara County Republican Party

But his son’s emails!

1 Like

You must admit that there’s truth in their advertising.
Fraud Guarantee, whenever you really, really need it, it’s there, guaranteed. :laughing: :rofl:

Small time crooks hiding out in a den of thieves.
Tiny guppies among the really serious big-time world-class grifters.
Here’s hoping that flipping a guppy eventually leads to catching the real bottom suckers.

1 Like

How in the world did they manage to cut a cooperation deal with Parnas without Bob Barr sabotaging it? I mean, that’s what this smells like to me, anyway.

It’s Correia who changed his plea (we don’t know about any deal yet). He’s the smallest fish in this fry.

Doh! I stand corrected.

But that looks even more like a cooperation deal.

Yeah. I saw one report from a tv news organization saying that an “inside source” indicated there is no cooperation deal, and another from politico speculating these is a deal. Correia has shortest charge list among the 3, so has the best shot of pleading down to trivial or no jail time.

Damn! I forgot all about these guys. And I was following the story religiously when it was breaking.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available