Leaked Audio Shows Chaos Inside George Santos’ Office

I scanned it and didn’t see any major revelations about Santos. It’s a “color” piece, not sure why TPM is making a big deal out of it.

10 Likes

I’m sorry, but where the F do these people come from? What causes them to be so grandiose? They are not new, but they are maybe more shallow than their predecessors. I am always astounded that no matter what scandal they have been involved in or what horrific or stupid thing they have said in public, they still forge forward and run for office, even of President. When you put yourself out there, you are automatically up for extreme scrutiny. How any of them think nothing bad will show up or that they think they’ve done nothing wrong is amazing.

11 Likes

I don’t want to be the mean girl who tells the authors of the story that the few minutes I spent on the story is time I’ll never get back. Maybe it’s better, in its own bizarre way, than reading about the carnage in Ukraine and the number of dead Russians which I’d been reading before I came here.

7 Likes

Not going through with hiring Myers seems to be one of the few more rational things that Santos has done. The guy is clearly untrustworthy.

I mean he just burned his reputation in DC. Nobody on the hill is going to hire a guy who surreptitiously records a conversation with a potential employer and then goes to the media with it. The guy is 30 and never going to get another DC job offer ever.

12 Likes

More like a basic cable reality show:

Real Housemembers of Capitol Hill

11 Likes

I also don’t understand the logic of flying to Colombia to save $300 on Botox. I’m pretty sure the round trip plane ticket costs more than that.

14 Likes

I think my problem is that there is no good guy in the story. The reporter is sad about getting fired and is just another parasite looking to glom onto ANY politician that gets them close to the corridors of power. I call BS on the desire to help constituents, it’s all about being inside the circle in DC

21 Likes

I read the whole thing and rather relished it. Yep, y’all are normal

12 Likes

Santos is owned, willingly, again.

5 Likes

TPM is living up to its name evidently, anything about Santos and Co. are talking points no matter how pointless they are.

1 Like

It’s fame

It’ll be less than 15 minutes, but again, he’s famous.

4 Likes

I just choked on my gum.

5 Likes

It seems like Myers sees himself as the reincarnation of Hunter S. Thompson, without any real understanding of what made Thompson significant.

9 Likes

Myers ait the only staffer who’s taping.

That mess worked well with smeg’s tenure at 1600, so why not Cap Hill?

4 Likes

You think he even knows who Hunter Thompson is?

6 Likes

Myers puts out a statement from…a law firm?

"Once the Congressman learned of the 2022 issue several days after my offer and after I had been working in his office, he became paranoid and concerned about having me around.

He was right to be paranoid!

Myers was secretly recording their conversions and had a law firm setup to release a statement literally within hours after getting fired. If I were of a more conspiratorial nature, I’d believe Myers was a plant trying to take Santos down from the inside.

7 Likes

They both sound like 15 year olds.

12 Likes

Yeah – the cheapest flight I could find was $400… price differential between Colombian Botox & U.S. = $300? What kind of economic sense does that make for someone who buys their ties at thrift stores?

9 Likes

You’re not wrong. But I’m kinda thinking that Santos is so appallingly, laughably discreditable that NY Dems might be able to use him as a whipping boy / weapon across the State. And, if nothing else, he’s going to sink this foul little viper’s VP ambitions:

She’s from Upstate, right over the MA line from me, and “George” is not gonna play well with the millbillies, MAGAts, and 1/6 Insurrectionists in those hill towns.

12 Likes

That’s on georgy.

He’s a well known backbencher.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available