Leaked Audio Shows Chaos Inside George Santos’ Office

That, at least, makes far more sense.

16 Likes

Hmm. If I wanted to bring back some coke from Colombia, what might I hide it in? Let me think on it.

5 Likes

First let me point out that under both DC and federal law it is not illegal for him to make a recording: so-called one-party consent. The shade Santos is throwing about him allegedly having previously done some surreptitious recording refers to an incident in Ohio, where someone else made a recording in a courtroom, which the judge had forbidden in that case. Myers subsequently used that recording as a journalist, and has been hammered by the court as if he had made the recording himself. You can read his version of those events here:

29 Likes

…and John Oliver is cursing having chosen this period to go on vacation. It’s just a new congress setting up, doing all the usual bickering over who gets what office and which committee seat, bunch of insider baseball stuff, slow news time, right?

14 Likes

“But enough about me. How did you like my last film?”

8 Likes

Myers does not seem to recognize any distinction between notoriety and fame. Yuck.

24 Likes

In the recorded conversation, as they discussed Myers’ future, Santos and Lovett didn’t stick to the topic at hand. The discussion began with Santos admiring Myers’ tie.

“You can have it if you want,” Myers said, adding that he bought them at thrift stores for $2.

“His ties are from thrift stores,” Santos exclaimed later. “He says he paid $2 for them.”

:laughing:

12 Likes

I didn’t get past wondering when botox treatments became a normal part of office discussion.

Actually reading this article made me feel a little queasy so I wasn’t destined to get through the whole thing anyway.

18 Likes

He got to hang out with a celebrity.

5 Likes

All the cool kids want to be “influencers” now. This has erased the distinction between notoriety and fame.

17 Likes

Hm. I think I see the problem here…

4 Likes

All of these people are sick. Some are also pathetic, and some are more disgusting. But they are all sick and should be nowhere the levers of any kind of power. The phrase “there is no bottom” has become insufficient for the GOP. There’s not even the concept of a bottom, just an infinite array of polymorphous perversities perpetuating themselves and spawning variants no one else would even imagine.

23 Likes

Like we don’t have any other problems? Santos is a psychopath. Santos is a Republican congressman.
The world is laughing.

1 Like

It feels like making and sharing this recording is Myers’s “you’ll never work in this town again” moment, right?

14 Likes

A would-be Congressional staffer who lost his previous job illegally recording a trial

One twentysomething former Rep. Madison Cawthorn staffer, Rafaello Carone, “does all the legislation,”
Myers said. (Cawthorn famously had no legislative staffers.)

An operations chief with a record for dealing drugs.

A Congressman who drops everything after getting a text from Don Lemon.

Botox?

Yeah, shoot it right into my brain. Make it a double.

28 Likes

Anyone who flies to Brazil for botox can probably get some cheap plastic surgery down there, then fly back here and change his name. I see a bright future for this guy.

5 Likes

You can’t think about more than one problem at a time?

2 Likes

But, but …. George is making history!

Book deals! Hollywood!

3 Likes

Same here. TMI

6 Likes

Nor could I. Is it possible that we’re all decent people? Someone please help with a snide remark.

12 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available