Lawyer Wrapped Up In Unhinged Trump Call Resigns From Law Firm | Talking Points Memo

Cleta Mitchell, the conservative lawyer who took part in President Trump’s damning phone call last weekend pressuring Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to overturn the election results, resigned as a partner in the law firm Foley & Lardner on Tuesday.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1352336

First intelligent thing she has done in a long while.

15 Likes

I’m sure she was given 24 hours to “resign” or come back to the office and find her belongings boxed up and security not allowing her in the building.

She sounds like a real piece of work to begin with, but she was apparently able to float under the radar for many years at this law firm.

Then she came into contact with Donald J. Trump.

That never ends well.

My favorite part of her story was when her involvement was first reported in the Washington Post, and it was noted she used to be a Democrat, but switched parties when she became disenchanted with “overreaching government regulation” after her husband was arrested for bank fraud.

Those damn liberals and their annoying laws prohibiting bank robbery!

55 Likes

“Lawyer Wrapped Up In Unhinged Trump Call Resigns From Law Firm.”

“Resigns”?

Sure, Jan…

35 Likes

She’ll land on OAN or Newsmax as their next legal analyst.

11 Likes

She should be disbarred at a minimum for participating in that extortion scheme disguised as a phone call.

27 Likes

I guess she’s unfamiliar with ETTD. Now she knows.

14 Likes

OT but this is sweet

NEW: The city of Detroit has just asked a federal judge to refer Sidney Powell, Lin Wood and the rest of Team Kraken for disbarment proceedings. pic.twitter.com/A8HPG6k6n3

— Alan Feuer (@alanfeuer) January 5, 2021
47 Likes

“Wait – you mean there are consequences to me behaving like an asshole?!”

40 Likes

I can’t help but think that Trump could make a phone call and fix this. Shouldn’t take an hour.

5 Likes

Unfortunately, these days the consequences are often holding public office or getting a sweet gig in the White House.

6 Likes

Happy birthday to me.

11 Likes

I think her legal career is dead meat.

10 Likes

Another person in Trump’s orbit has flamed-out. The white-shoe law firm she works for probably loves Trump (but I am sure someone else is paying them). Her sin was to have her name mentioned by Trump during the call…not actually being present. I am sure she had the blessing of her boss but they cut her loose when they lost plausible deniability of their involvement.

17 Likes

Shocking.

3 Likes

I know this opinion will not be too popular here, but I truly believe we should show at least a little bit sympathy for this poor woman whom has been crucified by that cancel culture that the liberalsBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

25 Likes

She wasn’t fired, of course.

She was “resigned”.

16 Likes

Another day, another GOP nutjob exits stage (far) right.

4 Likes

Is her husband named Cletus?

7 Likes

Well, I understand that her full name is Cleta DeathWish Mitchell.

3 Likes