Lawyer With Connections To Ukraine Calls Impeachment ‘Regicide’

Former U.S. attorney Joseph diGenova, who was once reported to be joining President Donald Trump’s legal team before his Ukrainian ties created “conflicts,” went on Fox News Tuesday night to call impeachment “regicide.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1254803
1 Like

You worried bro? You sound worried. And, thank’s for proving the Framer’s point.

25 Likes

“Regicide”?!?!?!

REGICIDE: noun

1. the action of killing a king.
  • a person who kills or takes part in killing a king.

In the words of Monty Python: “Oooooh What a giveaway!”

28 Likes

If this be regicide, then make the most of it.

23 Likes

The fear is strong with one.

7 Likes

Regicide? I think that´s permissible under the Constitution, at least in spirit.

15 Likes

He says, in a country based on rebellion against George III. Morons just ain’t what they used to be.
(Side note: didn’t think impeachment carried the death penalty, either.)

29 Likes

Trump thinks of himself as being a king. Funny I thought the last king we had was George III and he has been dead over 199 years.

8 Likes

As this mess progresses…Trump: "My kingdom
For a horse`

5 Likes

Charles I would agree. But DiGenova is simply elucidating a new legal doctrine for the US: The Divine Right of Presidents.

19 Likes

This is traitor talk. If Democrats were smart they could turn this whine and Trump’s letter against Republicans and weaken them dramatically.

10 Likes

Donnie made diGenova an offer he couldn’t refuse…

" Lawyer With Connections To Ukrainian Mess Calls Impeachment ‘Regicide’"

Well, that’s a poor choice of words, isn’t it. Has this idiot ever bothered to read the Declaration of Independence?

8 Likes

Haven’t had a good regicide in a while, but I’m here for it.

And I believe the King he has in mind is a biblical reference, ie, Cyrus, as the fundies view Trump. Since it’s a king mentioned in the Good Book, they have a problem with deposing him.

11 Likes

Honestly, the guy’s a maroon.

Always has been.

19 Likes

Regicide. Wow. It won’t be long before Fox News is framing the American Revolution as a deep-state conspiracy, and saying the liberal media was unfair to George III.

24 Likes

Well if Trump acted more like a President than King Joffery, then there would be no fears of regicide.

6 Likes

So we saw the pictures of Trump’s inauguration, but have we seen the pictures from his coronation? What did Queen Melania wear? Where’s Trump’s crown?

1 Like

I like the sound of “regicide”: if we have a king we should guillotine the bastard immediately.

7 Likes

3 Likes