Lara Trump Insists Prez Was Just ‘Having Fun’ As He Fueled ‘Lock Her Up’ Chants At MI Rally | Talking Points Memo

Trump campaign senior adviser Lara Trump defended her father-in-law on Sunday when grilled on the President’s latest attack against Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) during a rally the night before, which involved joining in on chants of “lock her up” just days after the FBI foiled an alleged right-wing conspiracy to kidnap and possibly kill her.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1339114

So threatening a sitting governor isn’t grounds for at least questioning the perpetrator?

Really?

This isn’t a problem for the Secret Service or any other organization? Because it’s just words and has no implications on the three threats that were perpetrated this week alone against sitting government leadership?

Vote them out. Now.

55 Likes

Jeffrey Dahmer was just having people for dinner.

61 Likes

Lock her up for what, precisely?

23 Likes

I’d suggest they want her locked up for doing her job - protecting her constituency - which is more than Trump can claim he’s done.

29 Likes

Lara Trump is the reason so many people, both male and female, have a hard time trying to stop using the word “bitch”.

38 Likes

It’s no accident that only the tRumpees behave this way.
I just had an email from a friend in rural So Calif who said a rTrump parade blew through the area blasting horns, waving flags when some some people were sleeping in on Sun.
tRumpees are really a nasty part of American society – the part called the anus.

27 Likes

Geeze, I wonder what Joe Biden has been up to this weekend. Where is his campaign? Mayor Pete was on Chris Wallace’s show this morning. Pete is an amazing spokesman for the Biden campaign. But we get the vacuous Lara Trump.

26 Likes

Having fun at the expense of others is not what decent people do.

21 Likes

This woman?
I thought she was that woman.

4 Likes

And, indict them, where appropriate, give them their day in court and, if they’re found guilty as charged, lock them up. (ed.)
This is worse than the man having an opportunistic tin ear or being a twisted fuck (both also true;) he’s encouraging his followers to attempt to resolve differences on priorities and policy by extra-judicial means.

23 Likes

Sane public health policy in the first degree, a felony in Trumpistan.

20 Likes

Hey, let’s all have some fun! I’ll make with the fun: I hope you fucking die in a fire, Lara Trump! Hahahahahaha that was fun!

In other crumbling-dam news, another enabler cuts and runs to save himself:

38 Likes

Hey Mister Secret Service Man. I was just joking when I said that thing I said.

11 Likes

Strange…I thought he was campaigning for votes. If he’s just having fun, maybe he needs a new act?!

9 Likes

GREENVILLE, NC, UNITED STATES - 2019/07/17: Lara Trump

Just sort of noticing a similarity here.

26 Likes

This is horrible
This is also gross, malicious, norm-shattering behavior causing decent people to rouse themselves and act.

Tactically it is a mistake on the part of Team Trump:

(1) Trumpers are already stoked on hate to 11 on the Dial

(2) On the other hand, their sadism, boorishness and depravity has roused millions against Trump World who would never have been so inclined otherwise

42 Likes

And Hitler was just having fun when he said “Today Germany, tomorrow the world!” You guys need to lighten up and stop taking these world leaders so seriously. They’re just having fun, okay. Who cares what they say.

30 Likes

It’s hard to tell one vacuous bleached blonde asshole from the other.

36 Likes

She’s right. He was having fun. Sociopaths and psychopaths enjoy endangering and hurting people.

34 Likes