Kinzinger Mulled Holding A ‘No Confidence’ Vote Against McCarthy In Wake Of Jan 6 Attack

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) is no longer a leader of the Republican party, as far as Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) is concerned.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1373378

Jan. 6 may have been a buffet, but every dish had shit as its main ingredient.

Homonyms are fun.

Edit: I admire Kinzinger’s dedication to this as much as I deplore his fundamental politics, although I’m not an expert on his politics.

7 Likes

Adam, your party has left you. (h/t Ronald You-Know-Who)

8 Likes

He added that he estimates “maybe 10” of his GOP colleagues actually believe that the election was stolen

Sorry Kinzi, but it doesn’t matter what your colleagues believe. It only matters what they do.

23 Likes

“He had the opportunity after January 6 to, with Mitch McConnell, take the reins of the Republican party and be the leader and he handed those reins to Trump and revived him,” Kinzinger said.

Konrad Adenauer: “History is the sum total of things that could have been avoided.”

30 Likes

There is no mull. There is only do or no do.

12 Likes

He added that he estimates “maybe 10” of his GOP colleagues actually believe that the election was stolen and that some of them are “not really all that high IQ-ish on some things.” The remainder, he said, only spread it so they can keep being reelected.

The first set is stupid, the rest are flat out evil. And they are far more numerous.

17 Likes

You are safe in your assumptions. He’s not a traitor, but he’s definitely a Republican.

12 Likes

Neither deserve to be called adults, let alone “leaders”.

8 Likes

Kinzinger should have done it. I don’t give him high marks for thinking about it.

8 Likes

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king!

Kinzinger is also a loyal GOP enabler, but he does still have one good eye, just like Liz Cheney. Eventually they will be proven to be on the right side of this issue, at least. Right now, they pass for sanity in the GOP.

11 Likes

Remember that libertarian leaning Repub who voted against Trump during the first impeachment?

Yeah, neither do I.

8 Likes

Cheney’s ouster is by secret ballot. Maybe she and Kingzinger should be lobbying everyone who knows this is bullshit to secretly leave the Liz in place. Then let Lizzinger call the no confidence vote on the leader.

4 Likes

He’s hard core Conservative but he is not a coward.

4 Likes

“Adenauer”?
Did he invent daylight savings time?

4 Likes

I think Trump proves that in the land of the blind (Republican Party) the MOST blind man is king and the one eyed are censured.

6 Likes

And, as is typical of his behavior, Chuck Todd will run with the headline, Democrats in Disarray.

Really, Chuck? Is that what you insist on believing? Do you butter both sides of your toast, as well?

3 Likes

Stop ‘mulling’. McCarthy is no ‘leader’…and it has NOTHING to do with Liz. He is the ‘last’ of the Young Lions and c’mon. Not a single one of them was worth the accolades the MEDIA tried to annoint the with…

5 Likes

In more direct terms, the Republican party has thrown its allegiance and fealty to the presumptively criminal ex-president Donald Trump. Does this not make the Republican party a criminal organization?

4 Likes

“Not really all that high IQ-ish”

But definitely Q-ish.

7 Likes