Kicked To The Curb: Gaetz And Greene Hold Sidewalk ‘Protest’ After Three CA Venues Bail | Talking Points Memo

Reps. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) and Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) on Saturday held a last-minute event on a sidewalk after a third California venue bailed on their plans to host an “America First” rally amid safety concerns.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1381506
1 Like

These two really need to get the Boys from Brazil to help.

19 Likes

If you can complain about being canceled and have the grievance amplified through various outlets, then you are not canceled.

Canceling Gaetz and Greene. If only.

65 Likes

Even if they weren’t promoting lies, violence, and sedition, showing two assholes the door is not a rejection of free speech, it is just showing two assholes the door.

80 Likes

Ok, they’re asshat publicity seekers. Time and history is not on their side. Hopefully Gaetz will meet his reckoning soon.

If you need a respite this thread is funny and tells you about how some people can’t be stopped from being New Yorkers.

11 Likes

First, they came for the pedophiles and canceled them, as I did nothing. Then they came for me. Oh, wait. They didn’t.

44 Likes

They may try to cancel us online. They may try to pursue us in real life. They may try to shut down our venues. But we will take this fight to them in the courts in the halls of Congress and if necessary, in the streets!” Gaetz said, according to the Register.

Not astute people. Can’t/won’t “read the room” and continue to whip up a smaller base each year.

38 Likes

Good. Back ranting on a street corner is where they belong. Now if TV news would stop indulging all the nutters out there to come on and spew nonsense…

45 Likes

Kicked To The Curb: Gaetz And Greene…

OK, now that they’ve been kicked to the curb, can somebody please curb stomp both of them?

20 Likes

Why California? did they want rejection?

30 Likes

Gaetz similarly griped over the cancelations to a crowd of more than 100 people, saying that he wants to fight back.

I assume those 100 or so people understood the blatant message being thrown out and that they most likely are being watched by Federal authorities from now on. Of course, if you think that Gaetz and MTG are totally worth it, go right ahead.

26 Likes

Because fascists intentionally try to pick fights.

38 Likes

“But we will take this fight to them in the courts…”

Why not? Gaetz is already going to be spending quite a bit of time there soon, anyway.

27 Likes

Makes for great video, with lots of editing.

7 Likes

Should be scrapped off your shoe on the curb like dog shit

7 Likes

“… Anaheim delivered a third blow to the lawmaker…”

“Anaheim?!? I never even HEARD of her before. But, if she DID blow me, I guarantee you that she was older than seventeen, um, I mean eighteen.”

12 Likes

But we will take this fight to them in the courts, in the halls of Congress and if necessary, in the streets!”

Gee, I wonder why these venues won’t host them? It’s almost as if they’re a liability or something.

61 Likes

I did enjoy picking up one of those The World is Ending (for white Christian males) pamphlets they were distributing. I decided to be nice and dropped a nickel in their collection bucket. I mean…they seemed so needy.

11 Likes

They are denied event spaces to spread their lies and grievances so they take to the street to scream at the sky about what ‘victims’ they are? Charming.

16 Likes

The grift must go on, without it where would either of those two losers be? Grift or bust should be their motto.

16 Likes