Key FBI Agent Probing MI Guv Kidnapping Plot Allegedly Assaulted Wife After Swingers’ Party | Talking Points Memo

A federal agent helping to lead the investigation into the men charged with plotting to kidnap Michigan’s governor allegedly violently assaulted his wife after a dispute over a swingers’ party, law enforcement claimed in a court filing following the agent’s arrest, the Detroit News reported.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1381933

To all Jerry Falwell wannabees, swinging is not for everyone, some guys tend to get upset if they see their wives having too much fun.

20 Likes

Shit. I really wanted to see this group of assholes thrown in the pokey.

Hate that this could affect the trial.

14 Likes

Who could have predicted that this guy would be unstable?

32 Likes

Yes, if the plotters get the right MI judge, they’ll get off because they were setup by the FBI, and anyway, they were just joking around.

Did anything decent happen this week ? Some folks in Tennessee get vaxxed? A billionaire finally pay some taxes ? An insurrectionist sentenced to 20 years in prison for assaulting a capitol guard ?
Probably not…

12 Likes

Swingers Lives Matter?

13 Likes

Jeeze, it’s hard to know who the good guys (and gals) are anymore… Never mind, who in their right mind has ever trusted the F.B.I.? Might be a good time to clean up their image by changing the name of their headquarters in DC…

4 Likes

Yes, SLM.
And maybe she was just self-identifying as polyamorous.

1 Like

He’s no Efrem Zimbalist Jr.

6 Likes

Good grief.

4 Likes

And…morality aside…why in the hell would an FBI dude…who must need to pass security clearances with regular updates…go to a Swinger’s Club if he is prone to ANY kind of jealousy.

Sheer stupidity.

25 Likes

I am definitely not an attorney, much less a prosecutor, but if I were, and that defense attorney tried to throw down on the “the cops and fed agents are assholes so let my morons free” rap, I would have thrown it right back at 'em and said, well now, just goes to show you how much more dangerous that makes the defendants in this attempted murder of a sitting Governor. So sit down and STFU.

Law schools across the land are so glad I decided not to go down the road to a law degree… :rofl:

13 Likes

She’s in good company, what with Marjorie Taylor Green doing exactly the same.

4 Likes

And no doubt highly dependent on toxic quantities of alcohol to boot.

7 Likes

The law on entrapment is very good for prosecutors, John deLorean notwithstanding.

2 Likes

I remember reading Efrem Zimbalist Jr’s obituary which interested me since I grew up watching the FBI show on Sunday evenings.
His politics were conservative plus he was a pal and supporter of Reagan.
It kind of explains why J. Edgar Hoover had control over the shows scripts. “More crazed hippies and rougher cops dammit!”

6 Likes

It’s never too late. If Ted Cruz could become a lawyer, anyone could.

7 Likes

No better reason I can think of to not become a lawyer, the fine example of @txlawyer notwithstanding.

4 Likes

When I hear Swingers and cuckolds by association my mind goes to Liberty U… guys just can’t get a break…

15 Likes

Back the Blue, balls

5 Likes