Ken Paxton Uses Consumer Protection Laws to Pursue Political Targets

“… a way to shut down the Heritage Foundation.” Say more, please. Like, how?

1 Like

The Republican Party now attracts only sociopathic bullies.

3 Likes

Evil is much more intelligent and more kind than Paxton. :fu:

1 Like

Wait, I thought Paxton had been on trial, convicted and in prison

Possible solution for stopping these raids: The not-for-profits should reorganize as churches, temples, or mosques.

5 Likes

Pick a law. Any law  ; - )

Like Republicans, we have a responsibility to make sure consumer are protected. We’re only acting in the interest of protecting members of the Heritage Foundation.

2 Likes

Why isn’t Paxton in a jail cell? His original indictment was broight in 2015
From ballotopedia…

A grand jury indicted Ken Paxton for felony securities fraud on July 31, 2015. Paxton was indicted on two counts of first-degree securities fraud and a lesser charge of failing to register with state securities regulators. Included in the indictment was an allegation that Paxton misled investors regarding Servergy Inc., which was under federal investigation in a separate case.[4][5][6] Paxton was arrested after he turned himself in on August 3, 2015, at the Collin County jail. He was booked and released. Paxton’s attorney told reporters that he would be abiding by the judge’s instructions not to comment publicly on the case.[7]

Thank you for reporting on this area of the law and state AG abuse of consumer protection laws.

3 Likes

“Hey y’all. I’m a total piece of crap.”

2 Likes

I believe he got a deal for about 100 hrs of community service and fine (a couple of months ago).

3 Likes

Some are sociopathic bullies, others are just plain ignorant, while others are cult followers who never met a conspiracy theory they that couldn’t fall in love with.

On trial, yes. Convicted? In prison? In Texas? It made him stronger and less restrained. It’s like the current play is grab as much power and authority as you can get away with now. Entrench! Paxton is a pox.

3 Likes

Not all, just the brown skinned ones.

1 Like

Isn’t giving a teenage girl a tampon considered “gender-affirming care”? Fucking motherfuckers.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I was think of. I remember in 5th or 6th grade they divided the boys from the girls, and each set got their “health talk”.

1 Like

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton and prosecutors agreed to dismiss almost 9-year-old criminal charges Tuesday if the Republican state official completes community supervision and pays about $270,000 in restitution.

Terms of the 18-month intervention agreement, announced Tuesday in a pretrial hearing that had been delayed from last week, also include 100 hours of community service and 15 hours of legal education classes focused on ethics. (Mar 26, 2024)

4 Likes

Fucking plea deal for the securities fraud case.

9 Likes

Keep in mind that while he’s perverting the intent of the law to do these stunts, he’s neglecting the actual duties of his office.

But an investigation published this month by ProPublica and The Texas Tribune found Paxton denied requests for representation at least 75 times. That included instances in which Paxton refused to defend agencies fighting lawsuits connected to policies he’s publicly opposed, like affirmative action and gay marriage, according to records the news organizations obtained through public information requests.

6 Likes

Forget it, Jake. It’s Texas.

3 Likes

Like down south, when white supremacist assholes fought back against civil rights workers for “stirring up our colored folk.” That same sense of ownership never goes away, does it?

3 Likes