Kansas Recount Does Nothing To Change Win For Abortion Rights

A vote in Kansas to preserve abortion rights was confirmed again Sunday evening, after a partial hand recount in select counties changed fewer than 100 votes.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1429740
1 Like

93 vote swing is more than I expected but still. I guess no waste is too big a waste for the party of freedom denying women sovereignty over their own internal organs.

25 Likes

If I recollect, this was like 60-40, so of course a recount wasn’t going to change the outcome. It’s probably too much to hope for that the election workers would get a nice bonus out of Mark Gietzen’s money. They certainly deserve it.

25 Likes

When I hack an election, it is totally undetectable. Republican voters should just give up. Casting their Republican ballots only gives me the opportunity to flip them to Team Blue.

29 Likes

I’d think if the Libtards could tilt an election in their favor by 60 to 40 the GOP’ers wouldn’t want a recount but a Lib TED Talk on how to pull that off.

16 Likes

It DID allow people to come to a newfound understanding that other individuals from similar backgrounds can and do differ.

15 Likes

The Israeli space lasers, Communist Chinese thermostats and Venezuelan software really go a long way to making the whole thing undetectable.
We really need an unimpeachable replacement for the bamboo fiber ballots, though.

22 Likes

Once the Italian/Jewish space lasers make their mark there’s no backies.

10 Likes

$348,000. was also wasted, but the righties will fill those coffers pretty quick, so many dopes with too much money and nothing better to do with it.

13 Likes

You may be onto something, and a way to shore up support in Georgia to boot…

11 Likes

Mark Gietzen is now refusing to pay for Sedgwick County’s recount because it took longer than expected, and because the County Elections Head, Angela Caudillo, didn’t keep everyone fully apprised at every step of the process. He’s claiming this violates the Kansas Open Meetings Law, and Sedgwick County Commission David Dennis–Republican dick–is berating Caudillo while also claiming that there were concerns with the initial election. Gietzen says he’s filing suit at the state level for a statewide recount. Sedgwick County Republican officials are trying to deep-six Gietzen while still flogging his Big Lie election disinformation.

14 Likes

Exactly. The fraudsters are so good that the fraud is undetectable!

The only way for us to win elections is throw out every result in which we lose, and re-vote until we win.

When we win it is a fair election and when we lose it is fraud!

8 Likes

Has anyone come across more detailed information about the vote discrepancies? A 6 vote undercount for “yes” is easily understandable given how the ballot scanners work, but an 87 vote overcount for “no” is a little harder to understand. It’s a teeny percentage of the vote, so please don’t conclude that I’m trying to throw dust in the air; I just want to understand the mechanics here.

3 Likes

Not even the CyberNinjas could catch me. And they’re the best in the business!

21 Likes

Is anyone surprised he won’t pay his bill?

5 Likes

So the so-called “surprise” result was legit. I want a $ for everyone who describes the landslide vote as a “surprise” as if anyone really thought that women would vote for the mostly WM KS legislature to regulate their bodies.

7 Likes

“By thier Fruits ye shall know them…”

6 Likes

OT. Those malingering trees, give them some money and they spend it on big TV sets and Cadillacs. And they’re ruining the neighborhood! Enough!

26 Likes

I cant find the exact number of ballots in these 9 districts, but there were hundreds of thousands of votes state wide, based on turn out in prior elections.

https://sos.ks.gov/elections/elections-statistics.html

1:1000 is a .1% error rate. While still higher than we would like this would be perfectly acceptable error rate for many other critical systems.

10 Likes
25 Likes