Justice Clarence Thomas Acknowledges He Should Have Disclosed Free Trips From Billionaire Donor - TPM – Talking Points Memo

This article first appeared at ProPublica. ProPublica is a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1491858

It is absolutely outrageous that our society lacks the power to evict this bought-and-paid-for crook from the throne of our justice system.

fRIsT

52 Likes

Best Justice money can buy!

15 Likes

Lock him up …… in his RV.

12 Likes

He’s claiming he took only a glass of water from the gift of his own personal well.

We have to believe their contempt. It is how they explain all this to themselves.

14 Likes

Too nice!

In a Wal Mart parking lot.

7 Likes

I wonder if he got pressure from the other justices. They like to think of themselves as real judges.

13 Likes

“A committee of judges of the Judicial Conference, the principal policymaking body for federal courts, also said last year it had launched a review of the allegations against Thomas. By law, if there is “reasonable cause” to believe a justice intentionally omitted information from a report, the conference is supposed to refer the matter to the attorney general.”

Newly motivated to review his old reports, Thomas has found that he inadvertently omitted information he should have reported, over, and over, and over again, for decades. Sometimes he missed things. Sometimes he just did not understand what the law required.

35 Likes

“Listen hard and listen good,” Thomas told allies. “I got $4 million from Harlan Crowe and Leonard Leo gave almost $1 million to my wife Ginni. What have I gotten from liberals and Democrats? Nothing. Why should I rule in their favor? I’m loyal to my owners,” Thomas added with a smirk and laugh.”

“Besides, no one can lift a finger to stop me. Mitch McConnell won’t ever let me get impeached and removed. Along with just buddy Sam Alito, I’m a guaranteed vote for his agenda,” Thomas concluded with a wink.

19 Likes

If the slothful perversity of the National Syphilitic Review was ever in question, this should end it:

21 Likes

It’s a stain on our justice system that Clarence Thomas did not have access to competent legal counsel over the past 30 years.

Thankfully, “I didn’t understand the law” is a valid legal defense.

37 Likes

1,000 likes

7 Likes

Honest to God…TWO trips? He went to the Bohemian Grove? Not only should have he disclosed these ‘two’ trips but absolutely everything ELSE he took over the years!

5 Likes

I wouldn’t go that far. Reliable second-rate justice, sure.

13 Likes

rino

six trips apparently to the Bohemian Grove.

5 Likes

As a SUPREME COURT JUSTICE he should not have been within 100 miles of the Grove. Talk about a ‘conflict of interest’(s)…

14 Likes

And what about his mother’s house and the RV.

9 Likes

Hard to argue against that…

7 Likes