Jury Finds Trump Liable For Sexual Abuse, Battery, Defamation In E. Jean Carroll Rape Case - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Agree, but some segment of GOPers do not care one whit. That’s cult behavior.
They “like his policies”. Or jabus.

The thrill is gone and his mojo is kaput. He is starting to look old, silly and weak, not Putin-strong.

3 Likes

Technically guilty of Sexual Abuse and Defamation but I agree that he should get and honest introduction by the media. Eg: … The twice impeached, serial sexual abusing, and insurrection curious former president was in town today for an orange jumpsuit fitting…

1 Like

2 Likes

I hope to see that in the voting demographic in the next election or two.

I feel much the same way about Santos.

We really are a nation in trouble if NONE of this activity takes these people off the public stage.

1 Like

I hope you are correct. Unfortunately, we have been counting on demographics for ages, and yet here we are with the Republicans having retained unnatural but very real power with a combination of duping their flock and tricks like gerrymandering. I think Hillary losing the electoral college was a unique situation, although there are some similarities at play. A big factor, and one thing for which I blame her campaign directly, was the constant assurance that she would win with “100%” certainty. That was further elevated by polls. (I screamed at the TV every time I heard this. You want your voters to be hopeful enough to feel that their vote matters, and motivated enough by passion or fear to actually cast that vote.) There were, as it turns out, many people who wanted Hillary to win, but did not particularly want to “sully their own hands” in pulling the lever for her. These are the people who mostly stayed home, falsely thinking that the outcome was preordained, while Trump’s supporters were eager to vote for him. Biden currently has high unfavorables, which will have to be reconsidered when he is no longer measured against an imaginary and ideal alternative. My hope is that in the general election, people will remember 2016 and realize that voting to retain a democracy, even an imperfect one, is paramount.

Except that he’d seen this picture before as it had been made public and was widely shown in relation to this very incident for which he was being sued. Also, his first man-baby cry on “Truth” Social after the verdict was an all caps lament that he did not know her. I still think he made the gaff as I stated above.

1 Like

We are all free to think as we please . . . at least unless that orange idiot manages to get re-elected and the re-education camps start

2 Likes

EVERYBODY has a simple, easily conjured up understood 'mental picture of SEXUAL ASSAULT and LYING. The purpose is to effectively ‘Dramatize’ to the General Public the emotional seriousness that this unanimous verdict conveys. Technically, the verdict could have easily said he was guilty of violating Section…Paragraph… Article…of the Civil Code…or some such, thereby diminishing its effect and importance.

You are right - It is hard to keep track of which court that menace to a just and free society is in for which case.

… is in the Crow Files*

A fuss is not what you should have kicked. He was showing you the appropriate target - it would have been better to kick that!

1 Like

It was the Sixties, ladies, and I considered myself one, didn’t call attention to themselves. It my current self were to experience this, dude would regret having put the thing on display.

1 Like

And THAT is the appropriate response to “but not all men”! ALL women have experienced some of this. I can easily see that good men might not realize that. They are not perps, they are unlikely to be targeted themselves, and if women don’t talk about it good men have no way to know that this happens all the effing time.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that 2024 is going to be a replay of 2020, trumpet vs. Biden, and I believe firmly the results will be the same. If anything, trumpet’s become a worse human being than he was and soon to approach being a criminal in a few states, while Joe, even with carping about his age and tics, has a solid record to run on. He campaign needs to promote what he’s done as often as they have to.

The body part all men are so proud of and talk about and occasionally put on display when they feel the need to do so is also the body part which lends itself to mockery and belittling from women.

1 Like

Guys exposed themselves to me while I was a teenager, there were also the occasional attempts at fondling, and these crimes were not something you could tell the parents about, mine anyway. So we young girls effected by these events grew up being wary and on guard.

This assertion is quite profound. Good men, i.e. non-gropers and exhibitionists may not be aware that there are so many sickos and they may be pals with some of them.

2 Likes

Back in the 30s this happened to my mom. In the small town in Connecticut where she spent her summers, the big-time baseball player fondled her. Never told anyone, but lived with that for the rest of her life.

2 Likes

We girls knew early on we wouldn’t be believed or if we were, the ensuing kerfuffle would be too difficult to go through. Celebrity versus young girl? No chance.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available