Judge Sets Trump NY Criminal Trial For April 15, Rejecting Bid For More Delay - TPM – Talking Points Memo

Apparently allbtrump hasta do is exist and people heave money at him. Jeff Yass, billionaire donor is buying into the merger of trump’s company and seems trump stands to gain shit loads of money. Mebbe not right away but soon.

So, the Canadian threat of flooding the market to undermine our domestic traditions and spread the Great White North to the lower 49 was always empty bluster?

3 Likes

My go - to breakfast is steel cut Irish quick cook oats. Ready in 5 minutes. Nice adequate splash of milk and yum.

3 Likes

Chant with me now: STROKE! STROKE! STROKE!

3 Likes

Maybe it’s one of those Zoom filters or FaceTiming. That one I think is called “Dark Brandon”. :wink:

1 Like

" … people heave money at him." Whatever Trump’s personality, whether he is demented, psychotic, sociopathic, stupid, or just plain evil it bears reminding ourselves of criminal financial interests with loyalties to no interests but their own who groomed him to come down the golden staircase. He is their useful tool. Whatever his fate, they remain to be dealt with. Be vigilant. Vote.

6 Likes

Vote… absolutely

1 Like

Oops, sorry about that. I thought we’d rounded up all the Vermont “maple” syrup, but I guess some managed to get through… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Getting back to the James Bond civil case against the Trump organization, says NYT:

It is unclear whether these same five judges will also hear Mr. Trump’s appeal, but David B. Saxe, a former judge on the appeals court that ruled on Monday, said that the court’s decision to short-circuit Ms. James’s collection efforts suggests that some of the judges were uncomfortable with Justice Engoron’s ruling.

“My view is that the court indicates it has difficulty with the breadth of the lower court’s decision,” said Mr. Saxe, who retired in 2017 after 36 years on the bench, 19 of them on the appeals court.

“They had other options available to them, and they issued a broad-based stay,” he continued, which he said suggests “that there is a view that they’re going to need to take a hard look at the lower court’s decision.”

“Hard look” is a term of art, and it means finding everything not hard to find. The obvious.

As for the obvious, Engoron found the Trump Organization and some of its companies liable on falsifying business records, issuing false financial statements, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud and conspiracy to falsify business records. Eric and Don Jr also owe $4 million, and Weisselberg $1 million for distributions of ill-gotten profits. On the $168 million from defrauding banks, the dispute would center around McCarty’s “rounding errors” or not much in the final analysis.

As for the less obvious, that’s the $126 million for the ill-gotten gains on the sale of the Old Post Office, centering around whether Libor +8% or Libor +4% with Trump’s personal guarantee based on Doral valuation was the right loan pricing, could be too much for some judges. Sure, Doral was wildly overvalued in Trump’s head, but It quickly decays into something like an early discussion of phlogiston theory, a debate about something that never existed. Most judges have no idea how construction projects work. Engoron has done an excellent job trying to nail down that fraud which clearly unraveled. Trump leased the building rights for $375 million to CGI, who defaulted within 2 years choking on their own shit sandwich. Of course the taxpayer eats it in the end, but this project had been kicking around for a long time and CGI seems to have been crazy reckless, which also seems doubtful. Whatever happened with the Old Post Office fraud is still ongoing.

https://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2024/02/26/waldorf-astoria-dc-cgi-merchant-group-trump-hotel.html

3 Likes

back at 40 Wall Street

1 Like

It’s a statement which illustrates the lengths to which Trump’s attorneys have gone to delay the case.

Because Donald is innocent and eager to have his day in court   ; - )

Let us see the evidence

1 Like

LOL.

My better half having been a nurse and EMT for over 25 years, we had a gut-busting round of hyperventilating laughter from a clip of Lewis Black reading a different letter at another of his concerts.

4 Likes

The sentence applied is up to the Judge. Trump has not made a friend of Juan Merchan. If I were Trump, I would be concerned - especially after today’s festivities.

4 Likes

It’s the lemon harvest I always worry about. I don’t eat oranges very often, and unless it’s fresh squeezed, I prefer apple juice. We usually have lots of apples in New England. (I’d say always, but last year was a bust because of early warming and then a sudden frost.) :wink:

1 Like

He may have mortgaged each one to buy the next. Unclear how many would have to be sold for James to collect the money.

Once I tapped the maple tree that used to stand in our front yard and boiled several buckets of sap down for about 10,000 hours and ended up with a few cups of not very good maple syrup, probably Canadian quality. The worst part was having to run the noisy fan over the stove that whole time. The local maple syrup I always buy (not quite but almost in Vermont) never lasts long enough for me to test its longevity.

2 Likes

But the judge pointed out that Trump could have secured that evidence from June forward as his own attorney well knew.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Come on, man. If we can’t make fun of MAGA, who can we make fun of?

What would be beyond beautiful is if the protesters synchronize and only click when he begins talking - and stop when he stops.

TFG will take it personally and publicly lose his shit on camera (well, even more so).

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available