Judge Cannon Rules For Jack Smith–Though You Wouldn’t Know It

If Ted Cruz thinks he needs to appeal to moderate ballot-splitters to win re-election, it’s a sign that he knows he’s fucked. Just like he was confessing the other week that he’s fucked by bewailing Chuck Schumer pouring money into the race because his win in 2018 was so anemic.

Bye, Ted.

117 Likes

I would think her ruling on testimony would be another red flag. Actual trial testimony can’t be made public, but witness statements that won’t be part of testimony can be? So if a witness says outside of court “DT never asked me to do anything inappropriate,” but says under oath on the stand “Yes, DT ordered me to do (corrupt thing #31 here),” only the first one can be made public.

Also:

The reversal from Cannon ultimately granting the motion appeared to be an acknowledgement of the embarrassment and potential ammunition she could give prosecutors to have her removed from the case if she denied their request and then got overturned on appeal.

But in doing so, she rebuked prosecutors in scathing terms and blamed prosecutors for placing her in such a position. “Special counsel’s newly raised arguments could have and should have been raised previously,” she wrote in one terse subhead.

WTF is that? Didn’t he respond to her original ruling within hours, if not minutes?

ETA: @txlawyer, would love to know if I am misinterpreting something here. Tx.

37 Likes

Do Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman even have access to $6.3 million dollars?

14 Likes

Ah, speaking in tongues, a/k/a babbling incoherently.

24 Likes

Couldn’t happen to a nice guy, what a shame.

27 Likes

But did any “talkers in tongues’ drool? Or did they realize they brought right wing gibberish to reality and not just a"talking point”?

5 Likes

Sugar Daddy Mercer will come to their aid.

12 Likes

Four Years Ago Today: Trump Touts Zinc As COVID Remedy

38 Likes

The AZ Supreme Court ruling is actually worse than described. It would be bad enough if they ruled that the territorial law took precedence, but they didn’t. Instead they kitbashed together the territorial law with the more recent 15 week ban AZ passed, insofar as the punishments go. That’s the kind of from-the-bench legislating that Republicans say they oppose.

54 Likes

These motherfsckers are incapable of distinguishing gibberish from reality; and that is why we have to vote them all, every last stinking one of them, out of office as soon as possible.

37 Likes

There’s video of his arrest.

22 Likes

Oh, I suspect there’s a gap that has been widening over the last decade. It’s not just that they won’t seek treatment, a la COVID, in order to defy medical professionals. The whole paranoid, belligerent, conspiracy-mongering gestalt of the GOP attracts borderline personalities, because it assures them that it’s not they who have a problem, it’s all a result of mysterious forces arrayed against them.

Trump rallies, speaking in tongues on the Arizona senate floor, and all the other wacked-out seances these people engage in are also suggestive of a kind of mass hysteria that appeals to the unstable.

43 Likes

PuPPy!

50 Likes

Maybe he was trying to speak like he was from Baltimore: warsh your hands in the zinc.

10 Likes

I agree she does but I am constantly amazed how she has been able to delay and possibly mangle this case all while keeping Jack Smith from being able to do anything to move it forward. She still has the PRA in her pocket too.

13 Likes

The political landscape is pretty screwed up when even judges are members of the cult

20 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Aid to Ukraine must pass or America will pay dearly in blood. Did we not learn from WW2 what appeasement leads to?

45 Likes

14 Likes
  • LOL: Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) angles for a bipartisan rebrand, the Texas Tribune reports.

Shorter Cruz: “All of my colleagues in both parties hate me.”

37 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available