Judge Banned From Bench After Posting MAGA Text Over Pic Of Noose

The New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct announced on Tuesday that a state judge has been permanently barred from the bench after the commission filed a complaint over a threatening Facebook post that “conveyed racial and/or political bias.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1249056

Has he or will he likely also be disbarred? It is a victory that he is banned from the bench but he can still practice law unless disbarred.

10 Likes

I think all MAGA judges should repost his post on their own personal pages in solidarity…

43 Likes

How did this ‘judge’ even get into office? Was he elected? Was he appointed? Don’t we have standards anymore?

4 Likes

He was never BARRED in the first place! I looked him up online. The dumb SOB’s main occupation is as a delivery driver for a bakery! He only took the job of “town justice” (I assume the equivalent of a Justice Court Judge) to supplement his income as it pays around $9,000 a year.

37 Likes

“IF WE WANT TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN WE WILL HAVE TO MAKE EVIL PEOPLE FEAR PUNISHMENT AGAIN.”

and yet here you are, at the forefront of the american fascist movement, threatening those you refer to as ‘evil people’ while seemingly oblivious to the racism, bigotry, intolerance and downright cruelty of your own chosen ideology.

or do you mean that the absence of racism, bigotry, intolerance and downright cruelty constitutes evil?

9 Likes

Especially every federal judge Trump has appointed. Neil, Bart … I’m talking to you, too.

12 Likes

Canning resigned in June after the commission served him the complaint regarding the post and has agreed “never to seek or accept judicial office at any time in the future.”

Cabinet post? Acting something or other? Assistant Deputy Director of Racism?

9 Likes

If this fellow, Mr Canning, was removed from his judge post… for misconduct… why is he still termed “the Honorable Kyle R. Canning”? I would have thought the term would be jettisoned immediately.

5 Likes

a state judge has been permanently barred from the bench

More of this please. The punishment for people at the top needs to be incredibly harsh to the point they stay away from positions of power like this in the first place because they fear their beliefs will land them in prison or permanently unemployed. I assume he’ll retreat to a racist-friendly state and try to get back on the bench there, but at least NY has removed him from.

6 Likes

Talk about living in the Fox News bubble.

Altona is a stone’s throw from Quebec and Ontario. The only hordes he has to worry about crossing the border are Moose.

15 Likes

Please remember that Louis Gohmert used to be a judge, as f_ckin’ unbelievable as that is.

23 Likes

I think “the Honorable” title goes along with his bakery delivery job, more so than with his former part-time town justice gig…

12 Likes

America just got a tiny bit greater.

22 Likes

and has agreed “never to seek or accept judicial office at any time in the future.”

with the repubes commitment to standing by their word, I anticipate that he will be a federal judge before I finish this sentence

5 Likes

:laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

16 Likes

This rotten, racist judge just got himself a spot as a Legal Expert on Fox News. Just watch.

7 Likes

He’s bucking for the Supremes.

10 Likes

It is good to see that in the world of Bret Kavanaugh and Mitch McConnell there are still people willing to stand up for the rule of law.

11 Likes