Judge Allows Heavily Redacted Release Of Mar-a-Lago Affidavit - TPM – Talking Points Memo

What it does is eliminate the bloviating commensurate with a hard no .

31 Likes

Reinhart has faced a wave of threats and harassment campaigns from Trump’s supporters

More hate from Trump’s supporters.

17 Likes

Donnie is an unprofessional, corrupt idiot. His lawyers are unprofessional, corrupt idiots. They are all drunk on media attention, but remain as idiots. ETTD.

27 Likes

Um, there is this.

27 Likes

Josh M. has good news about J.D. Vance’s prospects, that is they’re down.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/republicans-assumed-the-midterms-were-a-mere-formality/sharetoken/GSZSJHkN2xVj

38 Likes

I have a bad feeling about this. This is not the right thing to do. I know there’s a public interest angle, but it’s also ‘the people’ that the DOJ is representing when it investigates and prosecutes someone.

Also, too: no matter how much you disclose, it will never be enough. They will never accept what you release. Just look at how they acted when DOJ allowed the release of the search warrant. That just gave them more fodder to get angry over and now here we are possibly releasing the Affidavit (albeit redacted).

The judge has to realize he is trying to negotiate with terrorists. TFG’s supporters are basically terrorists (they’re already threatening the judge) and you can’t negotiate with crazy. Perhaps the judge thinks they will leave him alone if he does this, but they won’t. They just won’t.

70 Likes

You write my kind of posts, in both content and vocabulary, thanks!

14 Likes

Political wire comment.

68 Likes

Pardon my French, but what’s the goddamn point of doing this? They already admit that they don’t know if it will be “meaningful for the public or the media” to see this, and we know it wouldn’t matter for the right wing if they released the complete unredacted version (“Yeah? Where’s the long-form affidavit, huh?”).

So why break precedent and legal procedure - to appease the lunatics threatening the judge? As if that would stop one bit of the abuse. Stop acquiescing to these POS bastards already, and start prosecuting them!

41 Likes

I sure hope Brucey isn’t doing this out of fear for his life.

3 Likes

You gonna take that comedy routine on the road? :roll_eyes:

15 Likes

Precisely the vibe I’m getting. This is an attempt to show the public how incredibly serious these accusations are and why it was so important to obtain and serve the search warrant. He’s gonna wind up deeply regretting demanding this release.

55 Likes

He wants to see what the redactions look like prior to doing anything.

41 Likes

And… Already got my copy! Now just a little bit of parsing the delicious hints!

redaction

53 Likes

Next year when I turn 75 I will begin writing my autohagiography and I will plagerize @emiliano4 's style without remorse or credit.

20 Likes

Beat me to it!

2 Likes

Better explanation from Zoe Tillman.

19 Likes

Yes. Another hamhanded TPM headline.

30 Likes

Trump wants it so he can find the rat and silence them.

He may not want it public, but if that’s the only way he can get his hands on it, someone’s gonna jump off the 15th floor of some building soon after.

23 Likes

6 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available